By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo: Story will play a HUGE part in the new METROID

KylieDog said:

What I would like is cinematic cutscenes with full voice acting to tell the games 'active story'.

Scanning should be kept to find out additional info and flesh out the active story, making it overall a fuller story.

Corruption did partly do this, but not enough active story to it. Stopping to scan so much and read all the scans halting gameplay too much I felt.

A little "active story" is okay, but my problem with Corruption is that it had a bit too much.

Around the Network

Well, the only parts with story were the beginning, in your ship after getting more corrupted (3 times if I remember correctly) and the Pirate Homeworld. The ending doesn't really count... does it? It wasn't as bad as Fusion that's for sure. If you were complaining about the fact that it was a more linear Metroid because of that, well, we could probably have a discussion about this later on. =P

I wouldn't say cinematic cutscenes are the best way to go, but just like in Corruption would be good. A good mix of both would be perfect, just like in Mass Effect with all the logs and stuff. I really like this kind of storytelling.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

That's because Nintendo isn't handling it this time... I can't wait to see what Team Ninja has cooked up for us in terms of Samus' whole back story and what the main plot line to the game will be!

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Actually NightDragon, it's being handled by Project M, which is the normal Metroid Team and Director/Co-creator AND Team Ninja, who were brought into the project after being hand-picked, due to the teams lack of experience with 3D games and the realization that it would take more people to realize the game's vision.

So, yeah, back story and main plot line will all be (probably) the same guy/guys that always do them.

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

blaydcor said:
Actually NightDragon, it's being handled by Project M, which is the normal Metroid Team and Director/Co-creator AND Team Ninja, who were brought into the project after being hand-picked, due to the teams lack of experience with 3D games and the realization that it would take more people to realize the game's vision.

So, yeah, back story and main plot line will all be (probably) the same guy/guys that always do them.

Ohhh I see... so basically Team Ninja are just responsible for making the game kick ass, which shouldn't be a problem judging by the trailer shown at E3.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network

It seems to me that some people are spoiled with FF-like experience, assuming story = damn long cutscenes between actual gameplay. Cutscene is the easiest and most blatant way to tell the story in the game. I'd be happy if there'll be more developers, who experiment with the way it's told in the game, than compete with each other in "epicness" of the story.

Cool.... but is that thing on top a screenshot? it looks like SSBM

I was hoping for this. I always wanted a big story in my Metroid games, nice. ^_^

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Cool, but I thought there was story in Metroid games, maybe not story-driven, but has one none the less...

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!

Scanning is the best thing ever. I can get tons of story and information, or if I don't care, I can just play the game. I hate being forced to watch cut-scenes and stuff, so Metroid rocks as I can have as much story as I want

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)