By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo: Story will play a HUGE part in the new METROID

Story will 'play a big part' in Metroid Other M

Nintendo's Yoshio Sakamoto, who's been involved with every 2D Metroid game since co-creating the original, tells Game Life that the latest in the series -- Metroid Other M -- will (in addition to looking awesome) help flesh out the character of Samus Aran. Bridging the gap between Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion in series canon, the game's plot goal is to depict the legendary bounty hunter as "an appealing human character," according to Sakamoto, and the joint Nintendo / Team Ninja production team will be "explaining a little bit about what happened in her past as well as the characters that influenced her."

The Metroid Prime games haven't been devoid of story, but we get the sense from Sakamoto's comments -- "The story will play a big part," he said -- that Other M will offer something meatier, perhaps through more cinematics ... and no scanning. In fact, we hear that any planned instances of scanning in Other M have been replaced with badass.

[Via 1UP]

mM
Around the Network

story in a metroid game. The Metroid's seris never really had a deep story. Though I do like the idea that it'll have more stroy. Which is good but don't make it like a RPG

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

I loved the direction the series went with Metroid Fusion, and more recently with Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, so I'm pumped for this news!

Finally, the world will know Samus' backstory for real (and more).

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

killeryoshis said:
story in a metroid game. The Metroid's seris never really had a deep story. Though I do like the idea that it'll have more stroy. Which is good but don't make it like a RPG

Agreed!! While i like RPG's Metroid just is not meant for that kind of stortytelling, it might ruin it for me. Though some story I do enjoy so i know im solveing puzzles killing things for a reason.

Anybody who disliked scanning is... well I can't reconcile their taste with my own standards, I'll say that much.

Around the Network

this game looks so badass , its awesome. i wish more companies would put a honest effort into their wii titles than they could look like this game.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Metroid didn't have a deep story, guys? or much of a story at all?

Scan more. Or at least READ what you scan.

Scanning was incredible and often ingenious. However, if it's well done, I'm more than open to a well told story that fleshes out Samus Aran and does some serious Metroid-universe world building.

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

And to all you saying that Metroid has "never had much of a story", what series have you been playing since Prime/Fusion came out?

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

It has always had stories in it. What least I mean to say is i dont want it to be overdone. I like to fill in some blakes on my own. When I think Metroid I do not think story. I think exploring/collecting/upgradeing/boss fights...........crap that is what I think about when I think RPG's cept with story. noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! ok im done.