By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I'm opening a Gamers Center!!!

^^ Good idea, having the newest demos will always get attention, you might also want someone in a Master Chief, Snake, Mario costume outside of you shop for the first week giving away tickets for a free hour of gameplay (like the guy in spaced but with a better costume) you will need lots of good promotion in the first weeks/months. What also helps is having a bid display for your shop with advertised events, like a Halo3 release turnament or the rankings of your shop internal Braw league.

BTW, welcome to VGcharts chipistronkin.

Never forget: If you build it they wil come.

Around the Network

Seriously, when Brawl comes out get yourself a copy and run tournaments......weekly tournaments...

To Each Man, Responsibility
Dallinor said:
Neos said:
hmm, im not sure this is the best place to ask such a thing, but for 360 it's ofcourse halo 3, for the Wii it would be MP3, and well for the ps3.. euhm..hmm..err, blu-ray movie?

Nice misleading and unnecessary PS3 slandering Neos.

@chipistronkin- If you really have to ask these sort of questions, you might be in the wrong line of business.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

I'm in the business plan process right now, and there was one gamer center here in PR but it died because one of the owners started cursing at one of the biggest gamer community here "Data Juegos", and lost a lot of clients, and also because they had no Beer. Thank you for the tips, I have already planned to place the tables for board and card games but didn't know how much to charge and also a space for lan parties and tournaments. Demos is very good also, didn't think of that. Anime conventions will also be accounted for. And playstation 3 is not that good then? I was thinking of putting 3 consoles but Ill go for 1 until any good competitive game comes out. Thank you again for all the useful info, with this I can have more concrete info on what to buy and what to do...

Do yourself a favor and get a good couch from a good will or something to set in front of the game TV. Also make it a "no drinks" area to protect your couch and your console.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

Bi the ps3 is no good, nobody like it, its too shiney and the demos are too good. Put the xbox 360 instead :D

mM
chipistronkin said:

Gooday!

Im opening a gamers center and I would like to know some recomendations about what games to put at startup and if someone happens to know, were could I get the permits to use consoles in such a business?

My friend and I are starting a gamers center too. We arent going to have a Wii due to limited space but I'll post up a list of all the games we will be supporting.  

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

^^ There is nothing wrong with the PS3, having a good variety is always good, for now Resistance and Warhawk are the only really good multiplayer games out for the PS3 that I know, the Wii and 360 have a better lineup concerning multiplayer with the Wii beeing most convenient for you since you can get the cash of four people who are only useing one console and one TV, you might want to do group prices for that.  I´d also suggest to get some classic consoles as well, the Dreamcast for example is cheap yet it has the best lightgun shooter a console ever had.

Oh and don´t forget to hire a hot chick as an assistant, I know I sound sexist but seriously it never fails, it´s terrible in a way but from a buisness point of view I advise you to get a good looking lady with good social skills in there. Yes men are pigs... pigs with money you want. 

Switchbox was a place that opened in Calgary a few years ago.

They started with having some Xboxes to play and computers to pay for.

After 4 months, they just had computers. Charging hourly fees made them teh money.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

ssj12 said:
chipistronkin said:

Gooday!

Im opening a gamers center and I would like to know some recomendations about what games to put at startup and if someone happens to know, were could I get the permits to use consoles in such a business?

My friend and I are starting a gamers center too. We arent going to have a Wii due to limited space but I'll post up a list of all the games we will be supporting.

Do you really think we are going to buy that ??? It´s the smallest console I´ve ever seen, do you think you´ll need a football field so the players can run around freely ??? As you attorney I advise you to put a Wii in there.

4 players + 1 console = $$$

EDIT: My post count in in binary now :)