By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - So who is actually going to get MAG?

Taz! said:
@ Staude

Ive only played from COD2 and onwards. Anyway though, I can't believe it's online tops COD4's.........and I rekon alot of folks would back me up in saying this

a lot of people who hasn't played the first game probably :p

Check out my game about moles ^

Around the Network
Staude said:
Taz! said:
@ Staude

Ive only played from COD2 and onwards. Anyway though, I can't believe it's online tops COD4's.........and I rekon alot of folks would back me up in saying this

a lot of people who hasn't played the first game probably :p

True......

I think MAG is the closest you can get to a MMOFPS.
I think this idea has tremendous potential and I am hopeful MAG will be able to fulfill that.
If it loses out due to bad PR and insufficient publicity/hype then that is a shame.
Personally I am gng to pick it up day 1.
Also Mag isn't really about battling 256 players. You are more often going to fight small squads against small squad but part of a larger battle involving 256 players.

It is better to die on one's feet

then live on one's knees

Taz! said:
@ Staude

Lot of people think COD4's online is topped by KZ2. Especially the people who have played competitive clan matches in KZ2

then live on one's knees

ocnkng said:
Taz! said:
@ Staude

Lot of people think COD4's online is topped by KZ2. Especially the people who have played competitive clan matches in KZ2

Maybe on this site, but millions more people think that COD4's is better (especially those morons who thought KZ2 was too slow at aiming etc :P).

Me personally, I can't make my mind up. I loved them both, and MGO :)

Around the Network

^ Ya its hard for me to understand that. Especially since after KZ2 everything else kind of feels like a toy.
But successful or not, I can almost guarantee that a lot of the ideas of KZ2 MP is going to be copied in future FPSs.
Its sad if the original pioneers are not going to get credit for it.

then live on one's knees

Taz! said:
ocnkng said:
Taz! said:
@ Staude

Maybe on this site, but millions more people think that COD4's is better (especially those morons who thought KZ2 was too slow at aiming etc :P).

Me personally, I can't make my mind up. I loved them both, and MGO :)

Main problem with Killzone 2 is lack of a party system, I know a lot of people stopped playing it because of how difficult it was to play with friends, they kinda fixed it now, but still it's no party system, I can't believe they didn't launch with that, what the fuck were they thinking?

ocnkng said:
^ Ya its hard for me to understand that. Especially since after KZ2 everything else kind of feels like a toy.
But successful or not, I can almost guarantee that a lot of the ideas of KZ2 MP is going to be copied in future FPSs.
Its sad if the original pioneers are not going to get credit for it.

Yes, there are various great elements i'd like to see implemented into other online games. The 'winning multiplier' is great as it stops people playing TDM in other game modes, they actually carry out objectives. The great in-game clan system is another one.

Wait, what? Killzone 2 multiplayer was original? You realize pretty much all shooter multiplayer is copied from somewhere else, including Killzone 2's. (mix of Battlefield and Team Fortress, basically)

OT:  I still think this is going to be one big cluster-frack.  The whole chain of command system is great in theory, but no matter how much you try, it won't work in a large community.  I can see a very small and competitive niche community of 100k or so eventually forming and doing some by the book competitive stuff, but until then it will be watered down by the average shooter fan who just wants to be the hero and could care less about following orders.

Hopefully the release of this game will prove me wrong.

nightsurge said:

Wait, what? Killzone 2 multiplayer was original? You realize pretty much all shooter multiplayer is copied from somewhere else, including Killzone 2's. (mix of Battlefield and Team Fortress, basically)

OT:  I still think this is going to be one big cluster-frack.  The whole chain of command system is great in theory, but no matter how much you try, it won't work in a large community.  I can see a very small and competitive niche community of 100k or so eventually forming and doing some by the book competitive stuff, but until then it will be watered down by the average shooter fan who just wants to be the hero and could care less about following orders.

Hopefully the release of this game will prove me wrong.

Killzone 2s game setup was original and many aspects of the actual multiplayer. Just not the most visible aspects (as different classes)

It's also the most balanced class game out there if you ask me. Trumps team fortress easily... In teamfortress your chars feel weak.. but in kz2 they both feel powerful and balanced.

Check out my game about moles ^