By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Gamestop charging $5 US more for WM+ add-on

Link - http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gamehunters/post/2009/06/68133601/1

Prepare to pay an extra $5 for the Nintendo Wii's MotionPlus accessory if you plan to shop at GameStop.

First revealed on the blog The Consumerist, the video game retailer is selling the accessory as a standalone item for $24.99.  However, when Nintendo announced release details in April, the company says it would sell separately for $19.99.

Amazon, Best Buy, Target and other major retailers are selling the add-on for $19.99.

The remote accessory, which Nintendo says will deliver more accurate motion controls to the Wii, is also being packaged with Electronic Arts titles Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 and Grand Slam Tennis, available now.  Next month, Nintendo will bundle the MotionPlus with the release of Wii Sports Resort.  All three will carry a $49.99 price tag.

We've asked GameStop to comment on the higher price.  We'll update this post with their response as soon as we get it.

By Brett Molina
Photo: Wii MotionPlus (Nintendo)

------

Thought you should get the heads up

Around the Network

Thats why I bought Tiger Woods with WM+. Its best to buy it bundled with a game.

I wanna hear Gamestop's response before I trash them.

This is nothing new.

Gamestop did this with the Zapper and the Wii Wheel.
The only difference this time is that it is the only retailer doing this -- rather than one among many taking an additional mark-up on the item.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

I'm no fan of gamestop/eb games, but they can charge whatever they want. Yes, people who don't know better will be paying $5 more than they have to for a WM+, but gamestop already hustles them with agressive used game pushing, used game pricing, disc warranties, and through their game gutting policies. Why raise a fuss now?

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Around the Network

It's Gamestop... all is said.

Once, i have found Call of Duty 4 platinium for... 75€ xD

Posted here last week with instructions on how and who to complain to, along with the response I got from GameStop Corporate offices.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=75854&page=1

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709

I hate GameStop and EB Games but i agree that they can charge whatever the hell they want and anyway there is already tons of reasons to not buy anything there.

I mean even people that work or worked at GameStop admit it sucks.

we know.

We have been told through topics like this in these forums for months.

And it's gamestop...they suck what else is not new?

this is old news, Gamestop sells the Wii Wheel and the Wii Zapper for $5 over MSRP as well - one of the reasons I don't shop there.

Currently dreaming of: DKC4 or Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (classic 2D platformers) for WiiWare, Smash Bros. for DSi, New Super Mario World for DSi, a Wii remake or true sequel of Final Fantasy Tactics.

One down, hopefully more awesomeness to come.