By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Just picked up Ghostbusters Wii, I've got to say very nice!

I'm liking it so far, I'm a big Ghostbusters fan since I was a little kid, watched the cartoon every weekend and such.  The game has the humor and style of the movies and cartoon and that I really like.  The gameplay is fun though I had a few issues with the camera/controls being a little loose (they're pretty much tied together) but after a little adjusting it was smooth sailing but I would have liked to have a way to adjust the sensitivity.

The graphics look like the cartoon, I love the style I really do it's got personality that I like.  You can tell it's running on the same infernal engine as the HD versions when you start playing through, destruction is pretty much the same but not as graphically intense of course, it's just fun blowing up everything.

Short list of pros and cons for those that just want it.

Pros:

• IR controls work well for the style of gameplay
  • graphics are really good
  • the cartoon style rocks (for fans of it)
  • it captures the humor and feeling of the movies which is nice
  • DESTROY EVERYTHING!
  • I can write my name on the wall AND blow up toilet paper rolls!
  • It's just fun.

Cons:

• The style might not be for you :\
  • Could use tigher controls or at least a way to adjust it to your liking
  • sometimes the camera can be right behind your character which will block most of your view
  • Destruction isn't as impressive as HD versions (but it was expected)

I highly reccomend it for any Ghostbusters fan, I picked my copy up today from Gamestop for 40 dollars (I don't know why it was ten dollars cheaper but it was) and for the price vs the fun I'm getting it's well worth it.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

I picked my Wii version up last night and I've been anxious to play it, I love their cut scene work. Since Live is down and I'll hopefully start it tonight.

Look like i will have to buy this game for nostalgia since it doesnt suck.

I think I might buy this later today, especially since it has splitscreen coop. Wiimote proton pack ftw!

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
thekitchensink said:
I think I might buy this later today, especially since it has splitscreen coop. Wiimote proton pack ftw!

You should totally make a proton pack to place on your back while playing this game and then make a little trap add on to put on to the nunchuck, so you can feel like you're throwing a real one out there XD

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network

I hope it would be released in EU soon. They'd better hurry up!

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

thanks for telling, i was wondering if the game is good

sounds pretty good, i like cartoon style!

@thekitchensink, is has co-op? that rules! : )

when is it coming to Europe!? i may get it sometime

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Cool to see somebody enjoys it. I've been thinking of buying the game in the near future. Yeah, the visual style definitely looks cool.

Just got back from my friends place to play some co-op, it adds to the experience, especially taking on the second boss, that's fun. My friend said it was cool but thought it was rather basic though all he did was run through destroying everything not really trying to find the hidden items, scan the ghosts, and he wasn't that good at capturing ghosts as it is, so that might have been part of his issue.

I dunno if I was getting used to the controls or it just played better but playing co-op just felt better control wise then single player but I think it's just me adjusting :P

i've played the wii version and i like it, there is alot of classic ghostbusters humor. not tried the co-op yet i've got to wait for my brother to come round but he's a fan aswell so it should be fun. i would suggest buyin this game to anyone who wants a good game to pass the time till the conduit or wii sports resort