By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official: ( Forza 3 ) Thread

matt247 said:
Necromunda said:
Shadowblind said:
Necromunda said:
Shadowblind said:
Necromunda said:

Cars... too... shiny... ugh I still wonder why they are so damn shiny on this game.

Other then that, looks insane.

There should be an epic battle between GT5 and Forza 3 come later this year.

They are pretty shiny in this game...I mean look at this:

Real cars are never this shiny...

Yeah, metallic paint isn't even close to that shiny... the crazy shine manages to throw off quite a bit of the graphics prowess this game is touting.

The shine is even more crazy in-game tho, look at the video matt posted for instance. Though I doubt it's much of a problem, they could more than likely easily tweak the shine on cars in the future, I hope :P

aHA! I trapped you Thats a picture of a real car.

Admittedly though, the shine is something all car dealers seem to do for whatever reason...and I suppose thats why Turn 10 implemented it.

Forza messes something up though, The shine stays with the cars racing on the race track, with dirt grime etc etc on the track, the cars staying so shiny is virtually impossible in real life, thus taking a great deal away from the visual prowess...

Forza is about the cars, why do want to them dirty? if you wanted dirty cars then play Dirt. There's a lot of people who like taking photos during the race, why would they want their car to be dirty? It's a video game, it can improve real life.

Um no. WRONG. Every Forza game both 1 and 2 has had grime build up on the car. There is absolutely no way they would take that realistic feature out, which they have always been praised for. In fact I'm sure someone posted a car getting dirty of Forza 3 in this very thread.

Around the Network

I just looked through this thread, no grime on any of the photos people posted as I can see...
Can I have my moniez now pwease? :P

Necromunda said:
I just looked through this thread, no grime on any of the photos people posted as I can see...
Can I have my moniez now pwease? :P

Can you wait until the game actually comes out before you say it doesnt't have grime?  

I'm pretty much 99% sure that grime will build up in the actual game like it has with every other Forza.

matt247 said:
Le Mans Replay(30fps)

http://www.gamersyde.com/stream_forza_motorsport_3_replay___le_mans-12004_en.html

Looks good for 5 months before release. ( which was when this build of the game was coded ). Personally there is some work to do for replays though. The ingame gameplay graphics look better.

new vid from turn10 their trip to le mans.. when they start showing the ingame check out the crowds

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/media/videos/default.htm?=801#/video/801/

Around the Network
piggychan said:

new vid from turn10 their trip to le mans.. when they start showing the ingame check out the crowds

Wow. This build of the track looks much better. CROWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!

Hey I have realsied the difference between GT lovers and Forza lovers. GT lovers care for game content, whereas Forza lovers care for simulation content.

I'll explain. While your average GT fan will spout of the fact they have more than 400 cars. Or the fact that they have 1 or 2 tracks where you can use WRC cars, or a couple of ovals where you can drive Nascar. Your Forza fan will tell you how tyre deformation enhances the realism, or how intricately tuning your car will shave 1/10th of a second off your time.

GT = Casual sim

Forza = hardcore sim.

While in GT you get 35 different versions of Skyline, you have never been able to fine tune the cars to any degree near Forza. Forza lets you choose an aero package for instance with variable downforce. You can make a slight change to the the downforce once on the car and test it to see the affect around a particular track. Change it some more and away you go again. This is simulation at it's peak. Forza may only have say 15 Skylines, but I guarantee on the auction room there will be more than 100 different types of Skyline. Different power, different balance, different paint jobs, different everything. You can change every part of the car on Forza just like real life car enthusiasts do.

Find any thread to do with Forza vs GT and you will see what I mean. You will read the following:

GT Fan " Forza only 8 cars, Forza only 400 + cars, no WRC, no Nascar."

Forza fan " Cant wait for the new tyre deformation system, rollover system looks good. Awesome website after website says Forza 3 physics are up there with PC racing sims. Data taken from Mclaren F1 teams actual simulator."

Forza may seem on the surface to have less cars. But in actual fact by the time the game has been out for 3 months there will likely be 2000+ cars. GT has always had 40 versions of Evo, 40 versions of Imprezza, 40 versions of Skyline. Need I go on? Forza has always had less like 10 Skyline, but provides the player with a wealth of modifications and tuning that gives each line of car much more variety than GT ever gets with it's car list.

selnor said:

Wow. This build of the track looks much better. CROWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!

You should stay away from GT in a Forza thread.
Keep your topic on Forza.

Unless you want to start a war again.

selnor said:
piggychan said:

Hey I have realsied the difference between GT lovers and Forza lovers. GT lovers care for game content, whereas Forza lovers care for simulation content.

I'll explain. While your average GT fan will spout of the fact they have more than 400 cars. Or the fact that they have 1 or 2 tracks where you can use WRC cars, or a couple of ovals where you can drive Nascar. Your Forza fan will tell you how tyre deformation enhances the realism, or how intricately tuning your car will shave 1/10th of a second off your time.

GT = Casual sim

Forza = hardcore sim.

While in GT you get 35 different versions of Skyline, you have never been able to fine tune the cars to any degree near Forza. Forza lets you choose an aero package for instance with variable downforce. You can make a slight change to the the downforce once on the car and test it to see the affect around a particular track. Change it some more and away you go again. This is simulation at it's peak. Forza may only have say 15 Skylines, but I guarantee on the auction room there will be more than 100 different types of Skyline. Different power, different balance, different paint jobs, different everything. You can change every part of the car on Forza just like real life car enthusiasts do.

Find any thread to do with Forza vs GT and you will see what I mean. You will read the following:

GT Fan " Forza only 8 cars, Forza only 400 + cars, no WRC, no Nascar."

Forza fan " Cant wait for the new tyre deformation system, rollover system looks good. Awesome website after website says Forza 3 physics are up there with PC racing sims. Data taken from Mclaren F1 teams actual simulator."

Forza may seem on the surface to have less cars. But in actual fact by the time the game has been out for 3 months there will likely be 2000+ cars. GT has always had 40 versions of Evo, 40 versions of Imprezza, 40 versions of Skyline. Need I go on? Forza has always had less like 10 Skyline, but provides the player with a wealth of modifications and tuning that gives each line of car much more variety than GT ever gets with it's car list.

Says the guy who doesn't know the features of GT5 along with the rest of the public.

GT5 will more than likely have things such as tire deformation etc etc, with the introduction of F1 and Nascar thats almost a given that you will need to get tire changes etc etc while racing.

All in all they will be quite similar games with quite similar features, and more than likely the thing that WILL put GT5 over the top, to make a key difference between the two racers, wont be features, wont be graphics but more than likely will be the fact that GT5 will have more content.

Sure, all of my argument is based on speculation, but than again so is yours because you do not know all the the little things Polyphony Digital has in store for us GT fans, IMO we should all just shut up and wait for both games to be released to pass our judge, considering the nature of gaming fans that wont happen but hey, one can wish.

"No weather, night racing, or rally in the game.

That said, any car is up for grabs. Just because we haven't announced/shown it doesn't mean it won't make it into the game. We're just trickling out info.

Painter/tuner/drag/drift scoreboards. Yes, it's all in the details. Which we haven't revealed yet."

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/permalink/2734751/2734709/ShowThread.aspx#2734709

Night racing and weather would have been really cool.

But I am almost glad not to have rally racing. That almost needs a seperate game in my opinion. Rallisport Challenge 3 please?