By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How Halo killed the 360

It killed the 360 by having the worst online play of any game.

mM
Around the Network

It somewhat seems to me like his entire argument is based on the fact that Halo 3 is the pinnacle of gaming on the Xbox360.

If it's true, then yes, it would signify the beggining of the end, and it'll be Xbox360's most hyped title, but for some reason, I don't see it as the pinnacle. Not sure why. I just see it as another game I want to play.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

360 has a next gen GPU (Multi shader arch)
ps3 has the better CPU though.

joshmyersBV said:
I just wanna know what games will come to the 360 next year. MS at TGS and E3 only talked about a flew games that are slated for 2008 like Lost Odyessey, Fable 2, Ninja Gaiden 2, Halo Wars, and Too Human, Splinter Cell: Convictions. Hopefully there is more than that. (not counting games that come out for the PS3)

Banjo k 3 is coming out, you could also expect Infinite discovery, from tri ace, which i will guerentee will be a good game (made by tri ace!) as long as they put effort into it. Cry on is also another game either coming out in 08, or 09. Alan Wake is also coming out, dont know much info about it or cry on.

Also the new castle wolfenstein is looking to be a 360 exclusive so far.

Ps3 list is def a little stronger or moderate depending on if ff 13 is 08 or 09, or if cry on and Infinite are 09 as well

but to say the 360 has no games coming out is just pushing it, im looking very forward to 08, but its true i would be more excited if i were a ps3 owner

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
leo-j said:
It killed the 360 by having the worst online play of any game.

good irony

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Around the Network

Seems this article was written by a fanboy, to say that 360 has reached its pinnicle is rather sad

@Lost

Im serious.

mM

The biggest problem with the article, imo, is the assumption that having superior graphics will give the PS3 a win over the 360. Odd, since both the xbox and gamecube were graphically superior to the PS2, but it didn't help them.

In fact, never, in any generation of video games has the most powerful system won. So why would it help the PS3 now?

Gamerace said:
The biggest problem with the article, imo, is the assumption that having superior graphics will give the PS3 a win over the 360. Odd, since both the xbox and gamecube were graphically superior to the PS2, but it didn't help them.

In fact, never, in any generation of video games has the most powerful system won. So why would it help the PS3 now?

What consoles won? Playstation.

PLaystion 2.

Why shouldnt it help the ps3? Oh thats right, because being the most powerful console makes it lose.

mM
leo-j said:
Gamerace said:

What consoles won? Playstation.

PLaystion 2.

Why shouldnt it help the ps3? Oh thats right, because being the most powerful console makes it lose.

Being the most powerful generally = costing the most = slowest growth of base = least 3rd party support = last place. 

The article might have some merit if they gave some reason why graphics would make the difference this time, when it never has before.  Look at the Wii's sales. Or look at past console races.  Being the most powerful does almost nothing towards winning the sales race.  Having the best games does.  Best = most popular, not necessarily prettiest.