By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Virtua Tennis 1st reviews coming in

ganondorf7799 said:
fmc83 said:

As it is in German, I must tell you guys, that this is one more example why metacritic is sometimes big bs. The review considers itself multi-platform, but I strongly doubt that the reviewer ever had his hands on the wii-version.

I thought gamers.at is from Austria...! Austria isn't a part of Germany...

Perhaps not, but Austrians do speak German, nevertheless.

Around the Network

This video review is interesting: http://www.amazon.com/review/R4FGVJSTAC470/ref=cm_cr_dp_cmt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B001SET1KW&nodeID=468642#wasThisHelpful

Finally some proper motionplus gameplay video of this game.

Monteblanco said:
ganondorf7799 said:
fmc83 said:

As it is in German, I must tell you guys, that this is one more example why metacritic is sometimes big bs. The review considers itself multi-platform, but I strongly doubt that the reviewer ever had his hands on the wii-version.

I reckon you really shocked him now, considering that Ganondorf7799 is from Austria

if i were to buy one tennis game, it would be virtua tennis. it looks better and has so far gotten better reviews.

fmc83 said:
Monteblanco said:
ganondorf7799 said:
fmc83 said:

I reckon you really shocked him now, considering that Ganondorf7799 is from Austria

Yes, but the OP stated that the article was in German, there was no mention of country, so perhaps ganondorf misunderstood.

OT: Can someone please tell me which tennis game to buy because at the moment i just can't decide.

Around the Network

Finally a review

This one from Cheat Code Central: http://cheatcc.com/wii/rev/virtuatennis2009review.html

They gave it a 4.1 (out of 5) or 82%

The controls, according to them are not exactly 'natural' more like advanced waggle substituting for a button press but once you understand what the game is looking for it's a lot of fun. Not surprising really since this is a port of a game based on button play.

No complaints about online but they didn't get to play online much

They did complain the only way they could beat the AI was to lure the player far to one side and hit to the opposite end. The AI almost never misses a shot and they couldn't win in doubles at all so AI does seem somewhat broken but they were able to advance in tournament and career modes unlike the Amazon poster.

Despite the numerous complaints they had a lot of fun playing it.

Gamerace said:
Finally a review

This one from Cheat Code Central: http://cheatcc.com/wii/rev/virtuatennis2009review.html

They gave it a 4.1 (out of 5) or 82%

The controls, according to them are not exactly 'natural' more like advanced waggle substituting for a button press but once you understand what the game is looking for it's a lot of fun. Not surprising really since this is a port of a game based on button play.

No complaints about online but they didn't get to play online much

They did complain the only way they could beat the AI was to lure the player far to one side and hit to the opposite end. The AI almost never misses a shot and they couldn't win in doubles at all so AI does seem somewhat broken but they were able to advance in tournament and career modes unlike the Amazon poster.

Despite the numerous complaints they had a lot of fun playing it.

Hmmm, they rated it a little bit higher than GST.

edit: GST controls got a better score though, hmmm. Damn, I'm edging closer to GST now. Gonna wait for a few more reviews. Come on IGN!!

Hmm you guys like Virtua Tennis? I may be able to swing a contest in the future... >.>

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!