By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FORZA 3 is the new graphics king

why does everyone forget uncharted 2? It PAWNS every game on consoles i think. As on eurogamer not many games can compete with the first uncharted, this is a generational leap to no. 2! The lighting textures etc etc have all been improved, it looks amazing

Around the Network

@kanariya

I know, where is all this BS coming from about that GT5:P image being CGI

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

kanariya said:
Mvp4eVa said:
darklich13 said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
monlosez said:
leo-j said:
Well once forza 3 surpasses GT5 prologue's car models then we can talk.

Forza 3's car model has around 1 million polygon and GT5 has 200,000.

Well, what the hell are they doing with those extra 800,000 polygons?

The GT5P pic from above is from a site called GameWallpapers. It is CGI just like all of the wallpapers on the site.  The Forza shot is from the ingame photo mode.

ha..  I can now see it on the bottom right of the GT5P picture where it says GameWallpapers.com,   good try.

I don't know why does it matter with the site name.

Original image released by PD below.

http://game-server-hosting.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/Gran-Turismo-5-1405.jpg

Damn that looks good.

GamerTag/PSN ID JoshmyersBV (please add me I have 2 friends on Xbox Live)

darthdevidem01 said:
@kanariya

Because it is CGI.  Notice how it looks nothing like those other images Kanariya said developers released as PR shots?

And kanariya, where is your proof this was released by PD?  That image you gave us without the bottom headlines was still not from an official PD source....

Oh and you know what's funny?!?!? THOSE ARE THE SAME IMAGE!  Someone just cut off the bottom where the headline was.

Notice the first image properties is 1280x800 and the second image is 1280x774?  Hmmm... so they took out 26 pixels from the height to remove the bottom footnote of the GameWallpapers.com.  This was not released by PD.  I'm sorry.

kanariya = fail.

nightsurge said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@kanariya

Because it is CGI.  Notice how it looks nothing like those other images Kanariya said developers released as PR shots?

And kanariya, where is your proof this was released by PD?  That image you gave us without the bottom headlines was still not from an official PD source....

Oh and you know what's funny?!?!? THOSE ARE THE SAME IMAGE!  Someone just cut off the bottom where the headline was.

Notice the first image properties is 1280x800 and the second image is 1280x774?  Hmmm... so they took out 26 pixels from the height to remove the bottom footnote of the GameWallpapers.com.  This was not released by PD.  I'm sorry.

kanariya = fail.

Lol you're funny.

Who else do you thing could be able to release GT game images other than the developers themselves?

Are you saying the random wallpaper.com modeled and rendered the image exactly like the game by themselves?

Around the Network
nightsurge said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@kanariya

kanariya = fail.

Some of those are ingame shots from GT5P I know because I have played GT5P have you? and another thing prove to us that what PD shown at E3 was in fact CGI.

GamerTag/PSN ID JoshmyersBV (please add me I have 2 friends on Xbox Live)

article is jibberish.

gt5 cars look way better, in fact an xbox fanboy site eurogamer said regarding forza 3

"Forza 3 looks a little less clinical that its predecessor - but still quite clinical, and despite Turn 10's confidence that it has the best-looking racing game in the world on its hands, it can't quite match GT5 Prologue's near-photorealism, GRID's bustling track drama or Need For Speed Shift's thrilling in-car view."

forza can only display 8 cars on track running at same time whilst gt5 will have 16.

if turn 10 put out 16 cars on track on forza they would have to chop down grafix like trees.

so gt5 is already the more technically impressive. regarding art? well thats a matter of opinion on track choice.

re: audio gt5p used uncompressed pcm audio it sounded terrific.

quick edit: all ps3 owners will be able to enjoy gt5 full game, the same cannot be said for forza 3 as only HD owners will enjoy full exp.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

kanariya said:
nightsurge said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@kanariya

kanariya = fail.

Lol you're funny.

Who else do you thing could be able to release GT game images other than the developers themselves?

Are you saying the random wallpaper.com modeled and rendered the image exactly like the game by themselves?

But it's not a freaking game image!  That is what I am saying.  I just debunked your claim by showing you someone edited the original image which was made by GameWallpapers.com.  It is a complete mockup image made by that website and is only meant to look like in-game images, but in fact is much better.

I'm not saying the other pics you posted were CGI, or that the E3 trailer was CGI.  Just that one picture you posted from GameWallpapers.com which looks leaps and bounds better than anything else out is CGI.

I think Skeeuk has just ended this thread.
I hope ive spelt his name right

nightsurge said:
kanariya said:
nightsurge said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@kanariya

kanariya = fail.

Lol you're funny.

But it's not a freaking game image!  That is what I am saying.  I just debunked your claim by showing you someone edited the original image which was made by GameWallpapers.com.  It is a complete mockup image made by that website and is only meant to look like in-game images, but in fact is much better.

I'm not saying the other pics you posted were CGI, or that the E3 trailer was CGI.  Just that one picture you posted from GameWallpapers.com which looks leaps and bounds better than anything else out is CGI.

They slipped in CGI images between the gameplay in E3 trailer.

Its no surprise that previous GT gameplay trailers Polyphony Digital have always included CGI/FMV sequence in between with actual gameplay video. As this image directly contradicts with previous image of GT5 WRC image taken from trailer. Therefore we have to consider it as could be target detail level which can be expected from GT5