By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The rumors were true: Nintendo games can now play themselves!

libellule said:
well, I dont want to flame/troll

In away, it is optional, so after all, it doesn't matter

Neverthless, I hope people now realize that most Wii owner : casual gamers. Even Ninty knows it.

Actually, Nintendo is doing this to extend their userbase, not for their current userbase.

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:

Edit: As an aside, wasn't Final Fantasy XII (essentially) a game that played itself?

Come on, u have to set ur team/gambit

and, personnaly, I was always controlling everything manually lol (never find a worth gambit combinaison)

Time to Work !

I think its fine, my sister often comes to me asking to play over an area in mario that she can't seem to beat, this will let her just activate the auto system and let her advance to a level she can play.

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

console FPS already have auto-aim for years now, now platformers (and who knows what else) also have something for the casual gamer.

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

Chrizum said:
libellule said:

Neverthless, I hope people now realize that most Wii owner : casual gamers. Even Ninty knows it.

Actually, Nintendo is doing this to extend their userbase, not for their current userbase.

yeah, extending in the same direction

Time to Work !

Around the Network

ZOMG Milo is the thing of the past! GO NSMBnet?!?!?

The problem isn't the feature in of itself.

libellule said:
Chrizum said:
libellule said:

yeah, extending in the same direction

I don't think you understand. Nintendo wants to break down the barriers people experience that stop them from playing a game. Nintendo wants everyone to be able to enjoy a game.

With an optional system like this, everyone is happy, and more people can play the games.

Ideas like this is why Nintendo is owning Sony and Microsoft in sales.

HappySqurriel said:

Personally, I think it all depends on how it is implemented ...

If in every level you can collect coins (or whatever) and you can turn on auto-play which costs these coins until you run out of these coins, and you can give bonuses for people who complete levels without auto-play, then there is still incentive to play the game but if you're getting frustrated it gives you an option to skip the frustration.

Edit: As an aside, wasn't Final Fantasy XII (essentially) a game that played itself?

This....as long as they reward actually players and theres a punishment system for it im fine

Chrizum said:
I can't see how this is anything but great. Think of the possibilities: Nintendo now has the freedom to make extra hard levels, and they don't have to dumb down their games for casual gamers.

Excellent news.

This absolutely the best way of looking at this.

As it has been said before it is optional, I think this feature will open up a lot of possibilities for casual gamers.