By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will the PS3 version of Prototype outsell Infamous?

So which PS3 game will do better? Considering how Infamous set the bar pretty low i think Prototype will outsell it.

Lets say first week sales, because i think Infamous will be bundled in Europe eventually (like every PS3 exclusive).

Around the Network

Infamous should win...

Former something....

Infamous based on npd's numbers.

Set the bar low?

infamous did almost 250K first week (sold 175K according to NDP) for a new IP thats really good, Prototype will do less in my opinon, it's multiplat and it's a new IP if I'm not mistaken.

Not a chance... Infamous sold nearly 180k first in four days in the USA (according to NPD). Considering how it's an PS3 exclusive and how Prototype is unknown to pretty much every single non hardcore gamers, I really doubt this is going to happen.

Around the Network
Blacksaber said:
Infamous should win...

And Fire Emblem should sell 3 million copies, this is not about who should win (Prototype), its about who will win.

Gilgamesh said:

Set the bar low?

infamous did almost 250K first week (sold 175K according to NDP) for a new IP thats really good, Prototype will do less in my opinon, it's multiplat and it's a new IP if I'm not mistaken.

So for a new IP thats was hyped and market well, only 175k in the first week is good?

JRPG said:
Gilgamesh said:

Set the bar low?

So for a new IP thats was hyped and market well, only 175k in the first week is good?

Hyped ? Infamous wasn't hyped at all, in fact, most people were surprised about the lack of Infamous hype before the game launched.

JRPG said:
Blacksaber said:
Infamous should win...

And Fire Emblem should sell 3 million copies, this is not about who should win (Prototype), its about who will win.

I could care less who wins I'm just saying it should win this but like almost all industries odd things happen...

Former something....

BxN said:
JRPG said:
Gilgamesh said:

Set the bar low?

Hyped ? Infamous wasn't hyped at all, in fact, most people were surprised about the lack of Infamous hype before the game launched.

Well it sure seemed hyped to me.