By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Arc Rise Fantasia- One Hard Mother of a JRPG Grind but Damn Good

IxisNaugus said:
dahuman said:
IxisNaugus said:

Dahuman. do you think you could give a little review of this game, at any point? I'd love to know a little more of the inner workings in this game. I've had my eye on it for a while and the battle system has intrigued me a tad, and it's linearity has captured me. God i'm such a sucker...

I'll definitely be getting this once it's available in PAL territories. Come on Rising Star Games... you can do it.

I don't do reviews, but I'll see if I can get some youtube vids up explaining some of the combat if I have the time for it.

Youtube videos would be just peachy. As i said i'd like to know the battle system a little bit more, in fact, general gameplay vids of any kind would be just fine.

There are some already on youtube. Just check this link.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Good to see it's getting good impressions all around :) I remember when people thought it'd be a generic/meh RPG not worth looking into much. This game is made by Team Symphonia members so it CAN'T be bad :P

Yes it can.

Pft, compared to Cross Edge, this is easy man.

Soriku said:
Good to see it's getting good impressions all around :) I remember when people thought it'd be a generic/meh RPG not worth looking into much. This game is made by Team Symphonia members so it CAN'T be bad :P

That and impressions of the game, from your thread, definitely make it seem promising. Haven't heard the music ya'll keep raving about though.

phnguyen89 said:
Pft, compared to Cross Edge, this is easy man.

it's hard when you are trying to win what you are not supposed to win, a lot of luck involved sometimes, especially if you want the healing summon since she gives the main guy more magic resist and the summon also heals all status effects on top of a full heal.

Around the Network

Easily on my list. Anything made by pevious Tales guys if definately worth at least a look.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Soriku said:
@kanji

Go back to my thread and look at the second set of impressions I posted from GAF. There's s link to a REALLY good track.

why take it from another site when there is a local one avaliable for answering questions right here? -_^b I'm pretty far into the game already too lol, way beyond the +2magic bonus to weapons part hehe.

Ta for this.

From what i'm watching, this game, more than anything else, reminds me of ToS... which is good thing. The battles look so linear i could just squeal like a mouse, but something tells me it runs a lot deeper than what my eyes show me.
I really hope the dubbing isn't horrible ya know, i cannot stand bad VO's.

How technical is your game?

IxisNaugus said:
Ta for this.

From what i'm watching, this game, more than anything else, reminds me of ToS... which is good thing. The battles look so linear i could just squeal like a mouse, but something tells me it runs a lot deeper than what my eyes show me.
I really hope the dubbing isn't horrible ya know, i cannot stand bad VO's.

it's more complex when you are fighting bosses, have to use your AP pretty effectively because you do need to block for certain characters sometimes, bosses hit hard in this game until you have full buffs later in which you might still get killed in 1 stream combo on any of your characters which is a real bitch, magic resist is also very important in most fights that I think you have to have the little girl in your party to buff all resists all the time since some bosses can 1 shot one of your party member with just 1 high lvl magic without proper resists and the right crystals up =X.

the main dood and the 2 purple hair chicks, you need the HP buffs from weapons for the 2 chicks though, their initial HP are too low and their defenses aren't high since they wear robes and stuff. for the short chick there are 2 weapons with hp buffs as a whole block bonus, with lefia you have no weapon with hp as bonus so you need to use the 500 hp and 100 hp blocks(or the 2000 bonus block, depends on your weapon slot.) each chick has 2 different AoE buffs, one is for defense and magic resist, 1 is resist to all elements which are pretty much a must later in the game.