By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Arc Rise Fantasia- One Hard Mother of a JRPG Grind but Damn Good

Blacksaber said:
Does it feel like Skies of Arcadia?
Anyway it sounds like everything I love about JRPGS

nope, doesn't feel like it at all to me, if you are thinking the combat system, a little bit, but quiet different as well.

Around the Network
IxisNaugus said:

Dahuman. do you think you could give a little review of this game, at any point? I'd love to know a little more of the inner workings in this game. I've had my eye on it for a while and the battle system has intrigued me a tad, and it's linearity has captured me. God i'm such a sucker...

I'll definitely be getting this once it's available in PAL territories. Come on Rising Star Games... you can do it.

I don't do reviews, but I'll see if I can get some youtube vids up explaining some of the combat if I have the time for it.

This is gonna be a Day 1 for me. Really have been looking forward to this game.

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

Chrizum said:
Does this game have an open world or are the areas more confined and linear?

story is pretty linear just like most JRPGs(I'm sure I'm missing some details atm on the summons, and you have to do a lot of dungeon farming if you want the higher lvl magics, money is not an issue later in the game btw since you'd have to remap a lot of magic stuff with money,) there is a world map, and well, it's a JRPG lol, don't know what else I can say but that.

dahuman said:
Chrizum said:

story is pretty linear just like most JRPGs(I'm sure I'm missing some details atm on the summons, and you have to do a lot of dungeon farming if you want the higher lvl magics, money is not an issue later in the game btw since you'd have to remap a lot of magic stuff with money,) there is a world map, and well, it's a JRPG lol, don't know what else I can say but that.

I mean is it more like Zelda where you can wander around or do you travel from small area to small area as in most JRPG's?

Around the Network
Chrizum said:
dahuman said:
Chrizum said:

I mean is it more like Zelda where you can wander around or do you travel from small area to small area as in most JRPG's?

JRPG of course =) Zelda is more like WRPG.

Thanks, and keep the impressions coming. I'm really looking forward to this game.

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

Nice. I'm pumped for the game, and good to see it doesn't shy away from difficulty! Come out now!

dahuman said:
IxisNaugus said:

Dahuman. do you think you could give a little review of this game, at any point? I'd love to know a little more of the inner workings in this game. I've had my eye on it for a while and the battle system has intrigued me a tad, and it's linearity has captured me. God i'm such a sucker...

I'll definitely be getting this once it's available in PAL territories. Come on Rising Star Games... you can do it.

I don't do reviews, but I'll see if I can get some youtube vids up explaining some of the combat if I have the time for it.

Youtube videos would be just peachy. As i said i'd like to know the battle system a little bit more, in fact, general gameplay vids of any kind would be just fine.

How technical is your game?

dahuman said:
oh and the music is excellent.

Thats to be expected. The person who composed the music for Arc Rise Fantasia is the same person who composed the music for the greatest rpg of all time Xenogears.