By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - METAL GEAR SOLID 4 -- Anniversary Thread!! (Lets Play it AGAIN)!!

Vetteman94 said:
CAL4M1TY said:
Vetteman94 said:
Destroyer_of_knights said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@V-r0ck

sure will, I have started now, I'm on Act 1!

@Destroyer_of_knights

oh I do dare to claim its the best game ever & I'll do that till the end of time!!!

Dude seriously WTF!!!!

You and everyone know that Nintendo is the only innovative company out there not only that but they are the only company in the world that can produce the best game ever, and it's not MGS4, only because it's not a Nintendo game, thus Zelda ocarina of time is the only game that can ever have the tittle "best game ever", you got it so now understand it and concede to Nintendo's will...it's inevitable...wii domination FTW!!!

How is Ocarina of Time the best game ever when its not even the best Zelda game ever?  That title goes to A Link to the Past, thnak you very much.   But MGS4 is still the best of all time so Darth keep preaching it buddy.

Actually, I would claim that MGS3 is the best game in the Metar Gear Solid series thus far.

The boss battles were so much better (both were amazing, but MGS3 had a few that were mind blowing).

Still, MGS4 is one of the best games ever, it deserves all the praise it gets.

MGS3 was a great game that is for sure, and the Boss battles were great. But maybe its because of how awe struck I was playing a MGS game in HD the first time, that makes me think MGS4 is better.  Oh well, it was a great series of games either way

I am playing in HD right now but the first time I beat MGS4 I was not. I love MGS3, but it deffinitly not the same calibre as 4. The game looks and feels perfect. The new gadgets are an amazing addition and create many different ways of playing through the game. The cut scenes are amazing (like every MGS game) and keep the player on the edge of the seat. Weapon customization adds an entire new realm that was never touched like this in MGS before. The different terrestrial zones that the game takes place in give it so much color. Last but not least, the story is simply the best. Snake goes out in serious style. I never though I'd see perfect conclusion to any video game story.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
I'm in!!!! Sign me up!

get to playing!!! I'm almost at Act 3 :)

I'll take any excuse to play this game. Add d21 to that list!

edit:  Can't play until the 13th, though.  I gotta work.  It still counts, right?

Vetteman94 said:
CAL4M1TY said:
Vetteman94 said:
Destroyer_of_knights said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@V-r0ck

sure will, I have started now, I'm on Act 1!

@Destroyer_of_knights

oh I do dare to claim its the best game ever & I'll do that till the end of time!!!

Dude seriously WTF!!!!

You and everyone know that Nintendo is the only innovative company out there not only that but they are the only company in the world that can produce the best game ever, and it's not MGS4, only because it's not a Nintendo game, thus Zelda ocarina of time is the only game that can ever have the tittle "best game ever", you got it so now understand it and concede to Nintendo's will...it's inevitable...wii domination FTW!!!

How is Ocarina of Time the best game ever when its not even the best Zelda game ever?  That title goes to A Link to the Past, thnak you very much.   But MGS4 is still the best of all time so Darth keep preaching it buddy.

Actually, I would claim that MGS3 is the best game in the Metar Gear Solid series thus far.

The boss battles were so much better (both were amazing, but MGS3 had a few that were mind blowing).

Still, MGS4 is one of the best games ever, it deserves all the praise it gets.

MGS3 was a great game that is for sure, and the Boss battles were great. But maybe its because of how awe struck I was playing a MGS game in HD the first time, that makes me think MGS4 is better.  Oh well, it was a great series of games either way

MGS4 is my favourite as well, not because of the graphics or effects, but because of the sheer amount of raw emotions it gave me. An experience unlike any other. MGS3 was absolutelly fantastic as well, and it definitelly amplifies the impact of MGS4.

"You have the right to the remains of a silent attorney"

Happy Birthday MGS4! I feel a bit emotional when it comes to this game. So many good memories of this classic. I remember all the classic battles especially with the cry wolf (i think that's the name) and how intense it was. I was lying in the snow feeling completely outmatched. Games don't usually create emotions to such great effect but mgs4 pulls it off all the time. I also remember walking the Rex out of shadow Moses feeling the absolute joy of destroying whatever was in my path as I went then kojima throw ray at me and I loved it. The game had a truely fantastic start and the aspect of choosing sides in the first 2 acts was very interesting and then kojima changes gears completely for the next 3 acts. MGS4 is a game that keeps giving and thats why its one of the best games ever made.

Respect for this thread and mgs series

Around the Network

MGS3>MGS4?MGS1>MGS2

this is the balance of both gameplay and story. MGS3 edges MGS4 out as the best due to sheer perfection in story telling and the greatest boss fight there ever was. Nothing in any game can compete with the rush you feel when facing THE END. Nothing competes with the white flower meadow where you face off against THE BOSS in all white. These are the best boss fights I have EVER experienced and by far the best of all time. I would even put them above my beloved Safer Sephiroth fight in FFVII. The characters are so alive in this game in particular it was astounding.

What holds MGS4 back is not the gameplay for it is far superior to anything in the genre, let alone the series. It is the overly long cut scenes that Kojima seemingly could not help himself but put in. I was completely satisfied with the ending all the way till The secret one came up and they just kept on talking.........for sooooooooo looooong. He seemingly kept jumping back from the face of death just to give ANOTHER dying statement. I could have done without the Raiden/Rose thing as well for it was corny. These scenes kept MGS4 from edging out MGS3 as the best.

MGS1, maybe it is because I played it way after it's prime, but it was not as epic to me as MGS3 was. The controls and gameplay were hit and miss for the most part. I really hated the over head view camera.

MGS2: I think we all can agree this was definitely the low point of the series...

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

I gotta admit, I'm surprised it's stayed exclusive. I certainly will replay MGS4 in the future but I wanna replay the first three first. This means waiting for MGS 1 to release on the EU PSN Store (so probably sometime in 2011) and re-buy MGS 2 somewhere. Great game, one of the best of this generation.

CGI-Quality said:
forevercloud3000 said:
MGS3>MGS4?MGS1>MGS2

this is the balance of both gameplay and story. MGS3 edges MGS4 out as the best due to sheer perfection in story telling and the greatest boss fight there ever was. Nothing in any game can compete with the rush you feel when facing THE END. Nothing competes with the white flower meadow where you face off against THE BOSS in all white. These are the best boss fights I have EVER experienced and by far the best of all time. I would even put them above my beloved Safer Sephiroth fight in FFVII. The characters are so alive in this game in particular it was astounding.

What holds MGS4 back is not the gameplay for it is far superior to anything in the genre, let alone the series. It is the overly long cut scenes that Kojima seemingly could not help himself but put in. I was completely satisfied with the ending all the way till The secret one came up and they just kept on talking.........for sooooooooo looooong. He seemingly kept jumping back from the face of death just to give ANOTHER dying statement. I could have done without the Raiden/Rose thing as well for it was corny. These scenes kept MGS4 from edging out MGS3 as the best.

MGS1, maybe it is because I played it way after it's prime, but it was not as epic to me as MGS3 was. The controls and gameplay were hit and miss for the most part. I really hated the over head view camera.

MGS2: I think we all can agree this was definitely the low point of the series...

What. A. Blasphemer!!!!!!

LMAO XD

CGI you forgot to put your goggles on

With Goggles:MGS4 is da best NOOBZ!!!!!!

Without Goggles:MGS3>MGS4>MGS1>MGS2

See the difference? No blashemers here  ^^

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

When I played mgs3 it was a classic for sure but the camera bothered me a lot. I'm not sure if other people had the same problem as me. I heard they fixed this in the substance edition of the game. Mgs2 didn't suffer from this problem though thanks to its linear nature. I doubt mgs2 was the weak one in the series. People were ever annoyed that snake wasn't the star or that it wasn't quite as good as mgs1. However I loved two to death and believe it had a fantastic story and I really liked how they weaved raiden into the story. Either way this is a fantastic series with no big flaws. I will agree the cut scenes were long in mgs4 but they never left me bored.

P.S I'm really interested which version of mgs3 people are playing because I loved the games story and stealth was good. But the game really did destroy the game for me.

sigh its 2am in the morning. What I meant to say was the camera really destroyed the game for me.