By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official May 2009 NPD Thread (Data at 6:30 PM EST)

waiting for the wii is doomez threads....

"¿Por qué justo a mí tenía que tocarme ser yo?"

Around the Network
Aj_habfan said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Aj_habfan said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@Aj_Habfan

after looking at Xbox 360's sales how can you say Ps3 is doing poor?

It sold over 40,000 less.

Sure it doesn't seem much on it's own, but PS3 is so far behind in install base it can't afford to keep trailing in marketshare like that. I'm not saying they should drop the price if it doesn't make sense profit-wise, but these numbers are nothing to get excited over.

Stop putting words in my mouth, I just said SONY should be in no hurry to drop the price if in a  recession their console which is double the price of xbox 360 is only 40K behind

PS3 can't ever surpass 360's install base in NA ever (thats set in stone now), so think about it logically, SONY's aim must be to ensure profitiability, so delaying a price drop to the holidays instead of the rumored August one is much more sensible

thats all I'm saying

What words did I put in your mouth? I say don't get excited, that's not a word. You also said, "absofrikkinglutely fine!" That sounds like an excited person, as I can't imagine someone saying that statement out loud in a normal tone.

did you ignore the word "fine".

I can't imagine anyone being excited after using such a depressing word like "fine"

If I was getting excited I'd be like "OMG PS3 FTW! DOING AMAZING"

I just don't see how in the circumstances PS3 is doing poor, unless we are saying that Xbox 360 is doing poor too, or even wii as its not high at all.

PSP sales are poor, the rest are fine

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
Aj_habfan said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Aj_habfan said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@Aj_Habfan

Sure it doesn't seem much on it's own, but PS3 is so far behind in install base it can't afford to keep trailing in marketshare like that. I'm not saying they should drop the price if it doesn't make sense profit-wise, but these numbers are nothing to get excited over.

Stop putting words in my mouth, I just said SONY should be in no hurry to drop the price if in a  recession their console which is double the price of xbox 360 is only 40K behind

PS3 can't ever surpass 360's install base in NA ever (thats set in stone now), so think about it logically, SONY's aim must be to ensure profitiability, so delaying a price drop to the holidays instead of the rumored August one is much more sensible

thats all I'm saying

What words did I put in your mouth? I say don't get excited, that's not a word. You also said, "absofrikkinglutely fine!" That sounds like an excited person, as I can't imagine someone saying that statement out loud in a normal tone.

I can't imagine anyone being excited after using such a depressing word like "fine"

I just don't see how in the circumstances PS3 is doing poor, unless we are saying that Xbox 360 is doing poor too, or even wii as its not high at all.

Okay. You use exclamation points and say things like "absofrikkinglutely" when you are calm. And "fine" is a depressing word. My mistake.

Nope, PS3 numbers are poor, especially WW.

Horrid numbers for anything that's not a DS. Infamous did good though.

Around the Network
Aj_habfan said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Aj_habfan said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Aj_habfan said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@Aj_Habfan

thats all I'm saying

Okay. You use exclamation points and say things like "absofrikkinglutely" when you are calm. And "fine" is a depressing word. My mistake.

Chilax bro. Nobody mentioned entry prices.

ioi said:
Well let's not get into yet another NPD debate, but believe me their numbers are not perfect and never have been. That said, we are obviously low on UFC and Infamous, question is how low.

is it possible you can increase the sample size?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

@Star Scream

We are in a recession, sales are falling massively everywhere for all kinds of products, PS3 is mostly unaffordable, PSP is

PS3 is 5K behind PSP WW

ergh, I know which ones doing poor out of em thanks

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

How to find out how many weeks those numbers refer to?

I thought it was only the last month of each quarter which had 5 weeks.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

ioi said:
Well let's not get into yet another NPD debate, but believe me their numbers are not perfect and never have been. That said, we are obviously low on UFC and Infamous, question is how low.

Excuse me sir. I was wondering perhaps with some of the games being high or low that a different pattern of purchasers/purchasing is done as certain games appeal to certain demographics who may shop in stores like Walmart where we don't have any tracking whilst NPD has their consumer panel?

Tease.