By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS EYE and EYE of judgment gameplay

" maybe in the US but not in Japan"

I think it will flop in japan as well.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Around the Network

I don't know about Japan. They live in very tight spaces. The PS3 already has a bad rap for taking up a lot of shelf space. Setting up a board and camera every time you want to play in tiny apartments doesn't sound very appealing.

I'm sure it will flop.
1.It is a new card game, not Yugioh, MTG.
2.It is a new story and world, not a port of famous anime or novel.
3.30 cards starter can't give enough fun, you need buy booster packs to extend gameplay. How many videogame stores will put card packs on shelf? Do you pay more money for booster packs?

Well, I assume the game itself, since only have 30 cards, will just be a basic deck, and they'll charge you extra for more cards in random card packs (it is a TCG after all). So, seriously, how many are gonna spend that much money and trouble as shown by that penny arcade strip to buy this game? (Keep in mind, I am not saying no one will buy that... but it does require quite a bit of space, and I really can't think of why anyone, anyone at all who buy a PS3 would mark this as the reason they buy it)

More over, the gameplay itself is not quite that complicated, and the requirement of an actual cards to be bought, instead of earned through game play, can't be that attractive... or is it?

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

Around the Network

I know they said there will be some special kind of printing to prevent card fraud, but I bet a hack will be out within days.

I am 26 and have never played card games like Magic, but to be honest this looks interesting to me just because im kind of tired of playing the same old generic stuff (especially shooters!). It is an elaborate set up, so im not sure how much i would play it just because you cant just play a quick game. It was definately more impressive than i originally expected. I guess we will see how it does.

I think This game is a tech demo, SONY hope Yugioh, Gundam War or other card game use this tec,h then these games to be PS3 exclusive.

FishyJoe said:
I don't know about Japan. They live in very tight spaces. The PS3 already has a bad rap for taking up a lot of shelf space. Setting up a board and camera every time you want to play in tiny apartments doesn't sound very appealing.

Yu-Gi-Oh takes up just as much space as the mat and camera, maybe even more (I used to play =])

I see them picking this up because this is the type of thing every card game/anime fan have been wanting. A way to make a anime-ish card game 3D and see 3D characters that you control and can interact with. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

ziff said:
I think This game is a tech demo, SONY hope Yugioh, Gundam War or other card game use this tec,h then these games to be PS3 exclusive.

did Gundam War ever take off? I have the starter deck and a few boosters but I just like the gundams/mechs the gameplay just doesnt make much sense.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453