By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft is forcing X360 sales!

I think Microsoft can keep their X360 alive because of their enormous cash amount. They simply buy exclusive games or even buy the whole dev unit... So no mater what happens, Microsoft can keep their console alive! Thoughts and suggestions about this theory...

THE NETHERLANDS

Around the Network

The same could be said about Sony.

And with that, euclid ended the debate. Both companies have purchased their fair share of Dev companies. That doesn't mean they're gauranteed to keep going though. Every console has had some great exclusive games, but it takes more than that to succeed. It's quite possible that Microsoft could get out of the gaming front if they saw no chance at profit in the long run.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

StarcraftManiac said: I think Microsoft can keep their X360 alive because of their enormous cash amount. They simply buy exclusive games or even buy the whole dev unit... So no mater what happens, Microsoft can keep their console alive! Thoughts and suggestions about this theory...
lol what a dreamer!!!

Exclusive titles are very important for the 360...but it's also true that Sony and Nintendo could buy their way to exclusive titles as well.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

stof said: And with that, euclid ended the debate. Both companies have purchased their fair share of Dev companies. That doesn't mean they're gauranteed to keep going though. Every console has had some great exclusive games, but it takes more than that to succeed. It's quite possible that Microsoft could get out of the gaming front if they saw no chance at profit in the long run.
So true. MS lost 4 bill on the Xbox. Most companies would fold after that but it seems as if they knew they were going to lose that much.

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723

staticneuron said: So true. MS lost 4 bill on the Xbox. Most companies would fold after that but it seems as if they knew they were going to lose that much.
Indeed. MS overspent on the Xbox to get their foot in the door, then launched Xbox 360 a year early so that they could jump out to an early market lead, ensuring a solid foothold in this generation so that they can get a return on their investment.

I dont think people understand. Sony dont buy out established companies. I cant really think of a established company / brand sony bought. Microsoft is the only one guilty of that.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Entroper said: staticneuron said: So true. MS lost 4 bill on the Xbox. Most companies would fold after that but it seems as if they knew they were going to lose that much. Indeed. MS overspent on the Xbox to get their foot in the door, then launched Xbox 360 a year early so that they could jump out to an early market lead, ensuring a solid foothold in this generation so that they can get a return on their investment.
We already know there making tons of profit on Xbox Live 6 million users x $40 = $240,000,000/ year and I don't think they're even putting more then $1 million/year into Xbox Live (salaries, servers, etc).

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

gebx said: We already know there making tons of profit on Xbox Live 6 million users x $40 = $240,000,000/ year and I don't think they're even putting more then $1 million/year into Xbox Live (salaries, servers, etc).
Yeah, you shouldn't estimate anything ever again ... 6 million users of XBox live includes sliver memberships so the number of gold members is probably closer to 2 million users, after expenses related to selling memberships they probably only make about $20 per users ... which means they made $40 Million before costs ... Servers and bandwith are not inexpensive and the combination of achievements, user lists, chat, demos, and everything else will have a huge operational cost; not to mention the cost of development, QA and support. I would be surprised if they turned a profit on XBox live ...