By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 5, King of all Driving Sims!!!!

Gran Turismo 5, King of all Driving Sims

06/11/2009

The votes are in!  The good news is Gran Turismo still holds the crown for best driving simulator on the market.  Recently media conglomerate CNET did a readers poll which pitted the driving jauggarnaut, GT5 vs. the “Johnny come lately” Forza Motorsport 3.

Well contrary to what others have reported, Gran Turismo has reigned supreme.  This is in spite of Forza’s Community Manager greasing the palms of Forza forum users with rare DLC for Forza 2.  Some may feel that this is merely an incentive, but the publisher or the developer had to be aware of this.  Who else would have green lighted giving away DLC in such quantities?  The forum thread netted well over 2,200 replies, the majority were requests for the DLC.

Gran Turismo 5 52% (15731 votes) vs. Forza Motorsport 3 48% (14530 votes)

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2009/06/11/gran-turismo-5-king-of-all-driving-sims/

It seems Turn 10 were left with pie on their face. Their bribe did not work!

Sony Leader out

<embed src="http://card.mygamercard.net/gears2goty/omar7700.swf" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="198" height="135">
</embed>

Around the Network

Forza series has been really good but it isn't in the same league as GT is period. Turn 10 can't make big games so soon it would seem.

Eh, Considering the longer history the GT series has behind it, and the bigger fanbase that comes with it, that poll is awfully close.
And i expect GT5 and FM3 to be somewhat similar as far as Racing simulation is concerned(not to be mistaken for prettier graphics)

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

Polls are kind of pointless. Better to just wait for the finished products and then compare.

lol that ought to teach them.

Check out my game about moles ^

Around the Network

honestly...GT polled really poorly

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

^they gave away dlc to their users on their forum. And GT still won.

Check out my game about moles ^

kowenicki said:
A poll of gamers asking "which sim WILL be the best?".... idiotic. And in any event its hardly a landslide is it... 52 : 48...

pointless really.

Great minds.... ;)

Lol I meant to say "big calms" so soon. Anyway no doubt the popularity of the Forza series has grown quite a bit or people just wanted free dlc.

muwhahahahaha

This was expected, especially after I voted 100000's of times for GT5, but it was zenfolders idea

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey