By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Tretton: PS3 Motion Controller Might Be Back-Compatible

Go Heavenly Sword.
But really noting else comes to mind.Like playing Dmc 4 with dualshock then for 5 secs comes some motion control scene...Impossible to play without failing.

Take my love, take my land..

Around the Network
axumblade said:
scottie said:
@ axumblade - So then the PSmote is confirmed to have 2 analogue sticks, a d pad, 4 trigger buttons, x, O <| and [], as well as a start button?

That's going to look more ludicrous than the joke controller for the PS9 with a bjillion analogue sticks

....there are supposed to be 2 wands iirc....do the math on where the buttons would end up.

ALSO, I never said that it's going to. I said that it was going to be just like that. I merely said it would be a likelier scenario then putting motion controls in every game.

Ok, I didn't know that they'd announced 2 seperate remotes. That's cool then.

Although it still seems like a waste to put a 2nd analogue stick on when it won't be used for anything except allowing you to play past games without using motion control. No, I'm sure they mean they're going to patch in motion control to most currently existing games

scottie said:
axumblade said:
scottie said:
@ axumblade - So then the PSmote is confirmed to have 2 analogue sticks, a d pad, 4 trigger buttons, x, O <| and [], as well as a start button?

That's going to look more ludicrous than the joke controller for the PS9 with a bjillion analogue sticks

....there are supposed to be 2 wands iirc....do the math on where the buttons would end up.

ALSO, I never said that it's going to. I said that it was going to be just like that. I merely said it would be a likelier scenario then putting motion controls in every game.

Although it still seems like a waste to put a 2nd analogue stick on when it won't be used for anything except allowing you to play past games without using motion control. No, I'm sure they mean they're going to patch in motion control to most currently existing games

In FPS 2 analogues are pretty vital. This makes you able to turn your char without pointing at the edge of the screen. That's pretty smart actually.

Check out my game about moles ^

scottie said:
axumblade said:
scottie said:

Only one analog stick and two triggers on each, but you could use two controllers for legacy games:

apparently Sony registered this at the patent office in june 2008, with variants (source: NeoGAF)

"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure." - Mark Twain

"..." - Gordon Freeman

There's a much simpler way to interpret this:

He may simply mean that it can work in place of a SixAxis.

Edit: Never mind, I see other people have come to this conclusion too.

"Ho! Haha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust!" -- Daffy Duck
Around the Network

Far be it from Sony execs to ever overstate what they have. I'm still waiting for the PS2 to deliver Pixar quality visuals.

http://www.shanepeters.com/

http://shanepeters.deviantart.com/

Achievement is its own reward, pride only obscures.

HATING OPHELIA- Coming soon from Markosia Comics!

well, racing games are pretty much a no-go

Romance is like playing Mastermind except the girl never tells you which pegs you got right. - Seanbaby

Shanobi said:
Far be it from Sony execs to ever overstate what they have. I'm still waiting for the PS2 to deliver Pixar quality visuals.

Are you waiting for the original xbox to do the same ? concidering they said the exact same thing.

Check out my game about moles ^

maybe they include some sort of configuration software with it with which you can map certain buttons/the analogue sticks to special movements, but well, I don't know how well this would work and how patiently consumers would try to figure out a good working configuration for their games

I love how Sony and MS talk so much trash about Nintendo and then constantly fail to deliver

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)