By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Malstrom: "I blame Mario Galaxy for the Wii´s problems in Japan".

ZenfoldorVGI said:

One thing about Malstrom, he seems to be very spiteful towards all of Nintendo's critics, even to the point where he views all fans of core gaming as his enemies(he even dislikes the terms "hardcore" and "casual"). He relishes in Nintendo's success as a company, and would love to see the utter downfall of even the notion of the hardcore gamer. He seems to think the industry and the games it produces were much better when Nintendo ruled the world, and that the industry will one day return to its roots, without the new, petty, meanspirited, and vocal hardcore gamer ruining it for everyone.

Never gonna happen.

No, Malstrom likes the word "core" becuase it is disruptive termonology. He dislikes "hardcore" becuase, like "casual" has no real meaning. Core means your normal users. Nintendo's core is Nintendo fans. Sonyfans are not Nintendo's core users. Everytime you said "core" you meant "hardcore," so I took the liberty of fixing it for you.

Yes, hardcore gaming is dying becuase it is unsistanable. The PS3 has yet to turn a profit in it's third yeat on the market (going into the fourth). The 360 was nevr designed to make a profit. Games are getting to expensive to make and the consumer reaction for these games isn't here like it was previously generations. The Wii is reviving gaming in this respect. The Wii is cheaper to produce for and is bringing in loads of fresh blood. It is a Blue Ocean.

Around the Network
The Ghost of RubangB said:
sethnintendo said:
Is Sean Malstrom the guy from EGM where he would have a page or two in the back of the magazine usually reviewing shitty games?

Hahaha, that would be awesome.  But no, the EGM guy is Seanbaby.  The stuff at EGM is just the tip of the iceberg.  His web site is much better: www.seanbaby.com

Thanks for that website.  I've had a few good laughs from it already.  Enjoyed his book burning piece.