By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Chinatown wars drops to 10 pounds (around 15$)

http://www.play.com/Games/DS/4-/6072242/Grand-Theft-Auto-Chinatown-Wars/Product.html

First if someone lives on our side of great pond he can buy it really cheap now :)

Second it clearly shows that sales are below initial expectations (kinda like Motorstorm 2 or Prince of Persia or LBP)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

Wait, does that show it's selling poorly? I'd have thought that just means someone has it on sale...

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

thing about GTA is most people expect it to be 3D. Not many people remember the good old GTA. Sadly I feel this is why it isn't selling well as it is not a true 3D game.

So?

On Amazon.co.uk Marketplace the cheapest price is £10.59 while the most expensive is £50.37, without shipping costs.

Play.com always slash prices. It is a big cut though. I would not be surprised if its not selling as well as expected. At least its more affordable now.

Around the Network

Amazon.com has dropped the price a couple times below $25 then raised it back up. Could be just another way to temporarily boost sales. When it's a price drop across the board, than that will be something to post about.

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

only really effects the publisher is there was a cut in the sell to store price and i doubt there is

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Well how often do you see Modern Warfare or WaW dropping to 1/3 of the price or how long did it took for GTA 4 price drop?
Fast price drops are good sign that there's huge amount of copies in the warehouse (meaning demand was overestimated).

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

I hated this game. Dealing drugs got boring. After that it was like being transported back to the mid 90's playing GTA2.

Zlejedi said:
Well how often do you see Modern Warfare or WaW dropping to 1/3 of the price or how long did it took for GTA 4 price drop?
Fast price drops are good sign that there's huge amount of copies in the warehouse (meaning demand was overestimated).

Less time than this took, I remember seeing copies of GTA4 at half price less than a month after release.