By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How to rip off EB Games/GameStop

This is the dumbest scheme ever. I can make more money faster with less work and only leaving my house once with store credit at stores I'll actually buy things from. Just buy random crap online at cheap values and return at whatever store sells them with a good return policy. Walmart works great for this.

Still doesn't mean it isn't sketchy and worth doing. You may be thinking you are screwing the company, but the bottom line is they will fire the little guy rather than the bigwig taking a pay cut because they aren't making enough.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

How do you figure you could get $77 for a game? The most I've ever seen them offer is $40 or $45.

I've taken brand new, never opened games back to EB Games/ Gamestop and only gotten $40 or LESS for store credit.......

sounds fun!

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

Sounds like a quick way to make a lot of money without pissing off and financially penalising others, whilst at the same time expanding your resume, making you friends and providing you with skills...

Oh wait, I just described working, GET A JOB!

Around the Network

PS3beats360...you and you're crazy get rich quick schemes

here is a better idea every now and then you can find a gem of a game that you wanted but didn't want to pay full price for on clearance or used. Play it for a few weeks, beat it, and then eBay it or trade it back in and end up breaking even or even gaining a little. I was able to do this with Call of Duty 2 a while back, I bought it on eBay used for about $17 played it regularly for a couple of months then turned around and sold it and I think I made a few dollars in the process. And that is completely legal.

This is hilarious.

I hate those places. I don't buy my games there unless I can't find it anywhere else.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

I don't think I get the process, are these the steps?

1. Buy three games, $50 each ($150 spent, 3 new games)
  2. Return the three games for a new game ($150 spent, 1 new game)
  3. ???
  4. profit?

I guess if you get $27 per attempt it could be worth it but I don't believe you and don't quite understand the process you're explaining...