By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How to rip off EB Games/GameStop

How to rip off EB Games/GameStop.

Buy 3 games for $50 take them to retail store that offers 3 games traded in for a new game. Take the new game and trade it in at EB Games and get $77 with your Edge card which gives extra 10% of trade in value. Repeat process over and over. Make lots of store credit. $27 profit made every time in store credit.

You can more or less do this anywhere in the world works for PS3, 360 and Wii games.

Around the Network

really? is this something that we should be posting on our forums?

edit: please don't mistake for interest.  This kind of mentallity is disgusting.

Or you can get a job...

Except for the fact that Gamestop does not accept new games for trade-ins, at least they never do for me unless I spent a lot of time begging and offering extenuating circumstances (the one time I did this it was a legitimate reason with actual extenuating circumstances, not a dumbass "scam"). That or a receipt, which gets you a 1:1 value, as it's not used, it's an exchange. Plus where can you trade in any 3 random games for a new one? This is the worst scam I've ever heard of. Plus, even if it all worked, $60 + 10% is 66, not 77.

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

Um, what stores exactly have a "trade in 3 random games for a new game" policy?

And what Gamestop or EB would give you full $60 trade-in credit for a sealed game without a receipt?

Also, can I have some coffee ice cream?

Around the Network

I find it hard to believe that GameStop lets you trade in a new game for more than retail price. I mean, that's just ridiculous. Have you actually done this?

@ the complainer: GameStop has it coming, you have no idea how bad that place is ...

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

I give you people a golden piece of information. I do this every day during my lunch break from work. Thank god it is a short walking distance betweem the EB Games and the retailer I get the new games from to do my trade-ins.
So far over $2700 in store credits I have made from this trick. I stumbled across this idea on another internet forum site.

^Pretty slow employees

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

gergroy said:

really? is this something that we should be posting on our forums?

edit: please don't mistake for interest.  This kind of mentallity is disgusting.

Gamestop is destroying the industry with there used games, so why not cause them harm with there own system?

mM

It is for Australia would be different in US where games are lower priced due to US currency worth more. Games retail between $100 to $120 Australian dollars at EB Games for the new PS3 and XBox 360 games. Wii games are around $80 to $100 brand new.
Different pricing in different countries due to different currencies. But you can make profit from EB Games/Game Stop is what I am trying to illustrate.