By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is the Wii now the system of choice for golf games?

If you look at units sold, it's simply the "system of choice." and adding golf gamers to it only makes it more so.

Around the Network

I expect TG10 to debut to at least 120k in the Americas with a 200k WW. After that, I guess the competition is over for at least this year (next year PS3 will have the purple wand and MS Natal).

What routsounmanman said. For now, Wii definitely has the advantage, but we'll have to see what effects Natal and the Sonii-mote have.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

I bought Wii the second after trying WiiSports Golf. Wii is the only system for golf games. When you can do it this much closer to reality, why would you go back to a controller on it?

Some genres Wii doesn't own. Golf they own, big time. And they've owned it from day one.

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

xbebop said:
^^Wackin' two Wiis at once, eh?

I like yo style, boy.

You guys are disgusting.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Around the Network
tuoyo said:
xbebop said:

I like yo style, boy.

You guys are disgusting.

It seems that you just don't understand certain types of humour.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Gnac said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:
Wii's been the system of choice for golf games since Wii Sports came out.

Depends on how sexy your Miis are.

*runs away*

Wackin' 2 Wii's on other people's Mii's. Now, that's one disturbed boy.

Go seek help.

Gnac said:
tuoyo said:
xbebop said:

I like yo style, boy.

You guys are disgusting.

It seems that you just don't understand certain types of humour.

I do understand which is why I say you guys are disgusting (for thinking of that).

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Wii is the only system for REAL games period!

"...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

"Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's house before I did and took the TV doesn't mean I can't go in later and take the stereo." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

Bill Gates had Mac prototypes to work from, and he was known to be obsessed with trying to make Windows as good as SAND (Steve's Amazing New Device), as a Microsoft exec named it. It was the Mac that Microsoft took for its blueprint on how to make a GUI.

""Windows [n.] - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.""

I would argue that as soon as The Wii came out, that the gamers would think of Nintendo's little White Box, for looking at something for the 360/PS3. It's just this past year, and now with this year's installments, that the Wii version is CLEARY the one version you want for the consoles.

For the handhelds... It's a toss up. My brother has the first Tiger Woods that came out for the DS. It's a partly broken/addictive game. I heard last year's version was much better and do you really want to play it on a PSP?

I think overall, people will think of Nintendo for their golf games.