By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Germany to End the violence (in videogames)

According to several internet sources, including this one Germany's 16 Interior Ministers are rallying to completely stamp out violent videogames.

The online edition of German news magazine Der Spiegel has revealed that interior ministers urged against ‘Killerspiele' (killer games) during a conference held last Friday. Although details are only being shared in English via online translations such as this, it seems clear that German ministers are now serious about preventing another incident like Winnenden on 11 March where a 17-year-old shot 15 people. The previous evening the shooter had been playing the game "Far Cry 2".

Spiegel Online details that the ministers have appealed for "an explicit production and dissemination ban as soon as possible", preventing the development and distribution of all games considered to be violent within Germany.

http://uk.videogames.games.yahoo.com/blog/article/3870/

VIDEO GAMES WILL GET THE BLAME FOR GLOBAL WARMING NEXT!

Around the Network

How do video games manage to get the blame for everything?

Your thoughts on the issue.

Gaming is to blame for global warming, just check your electricity bill.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

^ Not even funny :(

I said before that the Politicians in Germany are dumb, atleast in this discussion. But the good thing is they wont be able stop us playing games. Games would be like Weed. Its forbidden to have it but everyone has it.

Around the Network

Joking aside, I think it's gonna happen. When it does, they are going to need something else to blame violent crime on...I vote Rap music O.o

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Still surley despite the importing of games, the industry in Germany will take a big hit. Shooters are now arguably i know the most popular genre of consoles.

I wonder what they will make of God of War III :/

Far Cry 2 was shit.

Im not 100% sure but didnt they already ban Gears of war? If so God of War will have 0% chance :(