By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii at Christmas 2007

cdude1034 said:

The Wii supply after 10 months has finally caught up to supply, therefore, when demand goes back up during Christmas time, the price of a Wii will inflate on c-list, eBay. I think the avg price will be around $350 to $400.

You might want to rethink that statement a little bit.  Wii's are easier to find, but they still sell out well before the next shipment arrives just about everywhere and they still aren't exactly easy to find.  You can say that statement when you can go into just about any store in any city and find a Wii sitting on the shelves.

Around the Network
twesterm said:
cdude1034 said:

The Wii supply after 10 months has finally caught up to supply, therefore, when demand goes back up during Christmas time, the price of a Wii will inflate on c-list, eBay. I think the avg price will be around $350 to $400.

You might want to rethink that statement a little bit. Wii's are easier to find, but they still sell out well before the next shipment arrives just about everywhere and they still aren't exactly easy to find. You can say that statement when you can go into just about any store in any city any day of the week at any time of day and find a Wii sitting on the shelves.

FYP, added the bold =)

To Each Man, Responsibility

I think you are still looking at a definite sellout over Xmas, but it may not be *that* hard to find one (as there will be a huge supply).

It what happens just after the holidays that will be interesting. All companies will be fighting to sell their quota in 4th qrt, and reach their targets for the year.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

The spikes in the graph I linked to for the PS2 weekly sales/shipments sit at 1.76M units per week at the highest in its popularity on 12/22/2002, surrounded by solid weeks of 1.45M, 1.41M, and 1.22M. That's 5.84M in one month WW, not to mention the 400-700K it sold each week in November, and 270-330K each week in October. For the quarter from October 1st to December 31st, it was about 10M units.

The Wii has proven to be selling faster than the PS2. Trying to match the Wii's expected first spike against the PS2s second and largest spike may not be accurate though. The PS2's first spike in 4th quarter 2001 was 7.6M units. That's still quite a bit more than I've seen projected to be available for the Wii for the same quarter.

With SSBB and SMG, it'll probably still be sold out for xmas 2K7.

And yes, get your friggin' Wiis NOW before it goes crazy again.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

Around the Network
Smash_Brother said:

Amen.

Not a truer statement has been told.

John Lucas 

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

johnlucas said:
Smash_Brother said:

Amen.

Not a truer statement has been told.

John Lucas 

Agreed.

In November 2006 I was actually considering NOT camping out for my Wii (all night, it was freezing) because everyone was convinced "Oh there will be plenty during the holidays"

WRONG!

I predict a Tickle-me-elmo type frenzy involving the Wii this December, with all the excellent games and the fact that it is the #1 console right now. (Remember November 2006 Nintendo's console was #3, and the Wii was unproven, yet STILL sold out)