By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Grand Slam Tennis vs Virtua Tennis 09 Wii differences and open questions

I'm getting Virtua Tennis. It looks (and I think plays) more realistic. It may have some annoyances but I'm not feeling GST's style.

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
@tuoyo: Do you want to play online? If you do, that makes the decision pretty simple from what I've seen, and the winner would be GST.

Yes that's what I was thinking as well.  It seems Virtua Tennis' online is pretty buggy.  I also have a feeling GST will sell much more so you are more likely to find opponents in that.  But the Virtua Tennis video sure looked impressive.  Really fast game play.  Looks like real tennis. 

Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Argos are doing a preorder offer in the U.K. Order today and it's £29.99. Am hoping this includes WM+ though.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

I read that in Virtua Tennis you have to calibrate before every shot. How fast or annoying is that?

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

Cool, the guy pretty much echoed what I was saying. He's right about the career mode of VT utterly ridiculous, but the graphics are really impressive, and fast paced. GS online is much better though. I'll probably be picking up GS again next pay check.

http://www.n4g.com/ClickOut.aspx?ObjID=344907 Games radar reviewed VT gave it a 9.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

Around the Network

I'm leaning towards VT because I play tennis in real life. Is the online really that bad? Where has this been said?

Well this makes the Games Radar review of very limited value:

"The game’s MotionPlus functions are bound to drastically rewrite these controls, but we weren’t able to test them at the time of reviewing."

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Diglet said:
I'm leaning towards VT because I play tennis in real life. Is the online really that bad? Where has this been said?

I was leaning to VT, and I play tennis too but I love to play online and if its not that good I don't know what to pick?

I can't find any vids of online play in VT so I'm still waiting. Its been out for 6 days here and there are still no vids on youtube.

I also Live in Adelaide, Australia and am shocked that Lleyton Hewitt is not in VT but hes in GST

Im new here, just joined because of this topic...

Ano said:
Diglet said:

I was leaning to VT, and I play tennis too but I love to play online and if its not that good I don't know what to pick?

I can't find any vids of online play in VT so I'm still waiting. Its been out for 6 days here and there are still no vids on youtube.

I also Live in Adelaide, Australia and am shocked that Lleyton Hewitt is not in VT but hes in GST

Im new here, just joined because of this topic...

The most surprising thing is that.... there's only ONE REVIEW on metacritic for the Wii's version!! What the hell is going on??

Haven't played VT but have several hours of GST under my belt.

I really enjoy the game and the online is fantastic (easy to get games, no lag, rankings, etc..., organising an actual tournament, for example a Wimbledon would be great if at all possible). It is just fun and the difficulty appropriate.

Now, the controls I like but strangely enough, you swing before your digital self (I sound like Morpheus). This is very weird when you watch somebody play but oddly enough not a problem (at least for me) when playing. The spins are great (works everytime if you wan to slice or "lift"), I have sometime trouble hitting the ball flat though. One thing I am really having trouble on though is hitting down the line while lifting (backhand or forehand).

I guess I am not much help but wanted to add a positive opinion of GST (though without comparing to VT) while being honest of some of its traits that some could not like.

Elaine: I will never understand people

Jerry: They're the worst.