By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I think I've committed a sin against you guys...

Two sins really.

The small mom and pop store that I always buy my games in had me run the shop for a half day because their son had an emergency hospital issue. I've known them for years, and I had a little time to spare (and they offered me a free *used* game), so I agreed to watch the place for a bit.

Here's my first sin (a sin for sony fans):

A father of three kids came in inquiring about the PS3. Of course, I went into the whole sales pitch about the features of the thing, going from explaining what blu-ray is, to the great exclusive games on the system. He was pretty sold on everything already, and had his wallet out, then I happened to just ask during the course of our conversation how old his kids were. He said they were ages 8, 11, and 13. Hearing this, I... well, I talked him out of buying the thing.

As much of a Sony fan I am, I didn't have it within myself to have him buy a PS3 that would destroy his budget and his family wouldn't appreciate anyway.

It was because I asked him whether his kids actually care about graphics, particular franchises, or whatnot, and he said no, they can't tell the difference. So... I told him he's much better off buying a Wii. See, I sorta liked this guy. He's a funny old man with a great personality, so I told him buying a PS3 takes a lot of financial committment, as there's no such thing as a mod chip (btw, that's going to lead to the second sin) and he's going to have to buy all his games original, and the thing is a lot more expensive.

In the end, he did buy the Wii.

Here's my second sin (a sin to the entire gaming community and to the mom and pop store):

Well, I supported someone's bid for pirated games. But hey, I did it for a reason.. I could see that the guy was already burning a hole in his pocket for this gift for his kids, and I wanted to help him out. I knew he wouldn't be able to support a PS3 in his house (and he doesn't have an HDTV either). I guess I allowed my emotions to blind my reason.

But at least he walked out happily...

Around the Network

This post has been left blank intentionally

With the reasons you give, you should have sold him a PS2.

It has a better value than the wii for the price. And a bigger library.

They will know Helgan belongs to Helghasts

You better run and hide, because the Sony Boys are gonna whip you.

You.....You MONSTER!

Around the Network

*Readies PitchFork*

Kill him! Run him out of town!

Apologise to the Cell, or you shall never be forgiven!

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

I got a used copy of NBA 2k9. Didn't really have anything else on my mind and hell, I promised myself I'll never buy a basketball game again (since I've been buying the damn things for many, many years..). It was an opportunity to have one again without having to pay since I love basketball :)

Wow reading that a part of me died inside :(
On the other hand I can see why you did what you did so you're forgiven :)

bugrimmar said:
I got a used copy of NBA 2k9. Didn't really have anything else on my mind and hell, I promised myself I'll never buy a basketball game again (since I've been buying the damn things for many, many years..). It was an opportunity to have one again without having to pay since I love basketball :)

Out of curiosity do you follow the nba?? And which team are you going for in the finals??