By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predict Forza 3, NFS: Shift, GT5 and GT Mobile sales (Originality YAY!)

kungfusqurrel said:

funny, gt5 prologue should 2.2 mil, and gt5 is gonna sell 8 mill, lol, anyone who has a ps3 who loves gt series we can say went out and bought a copy of gt5 prologue, we can estimate that if those same people went out again an easy 2.2 mill is very possible, we can estimate again that maybe another 2.2 million who held back on the game because it was a half game will go out and try gt5, total would be around 4-5 million but 8 million lol, we'll see. anyway at 5-6 million for forza 3 i think is about right, maybe even a little more due to the fact that now there's 30.4 million user base.

It seems you dont know much about GT.

Around the Network
Leonidus said:
kungfusqurrel said:
funny, gt5 prologue should 2.2 mil, and gt5 is gonna sell 8 mill, lol, anyone who has a ps3 who loves gt series we can say went out and bought a copy of gt5 prologue, we can estimate that if those same people went out again an easy 2.2 mill is very possible, we can estimate again that maybe another 2.2 million who held back on the game because it was a half game will go out and try gt5, total would be around 4-5 million but 8 million lol, we'll see. anyway at 5-6 million for forza 3 i think is about right, maybe even a little more due to the fact that now there's 30.4 million use base.

Previous GT prologues have sold less than GT5P.

Previous GT games have sold more than 8M

yes thats true, but back then ps2 was the majority. not today.

kungfusqurrel said:
Leonidus said:
kungfusqurrel said:
funny, gt5 prologue should 2.2 mil, and gt5 is gonna sell 8 mill, lol, anyone who has a ps3 who loves gt series we can say went out and bought a copy of gt5 prologue, we can estimate that if those same people went out again an easy 2.2 mill is very possible, we can estimate again that maybe another 2.2 million who held back on the game because it was a half game will go out and try gt5, total would be around 4-5 million but 8 million lol, we'll see. anyway at 5-6 million for forza 3 i think is about right, maybe even a little more due to the fact that now there's 30.4 million use base.

yes thats true, but back then ps2 was the median. not today.

That totally contradicts your thoughts. Here is why:

If a GT prologue sells less on an 100M userbase than one on a 22M userbase, how does that make things worse for the upcoming game?

Leonidus said:
And didn't GT5P pass the 3M mark?

not according to wikipedia, haha

kungfusqurrel said:
Leonidus said:
And didn't GT5P pass the 3M mark?

not according to wikipedia, haha

Lol, the Wiki sucks.

Never gets updated, and probably hasn't added on download sales

Around the Network
Leonidus said:
kungfusqurrel said:
Leonidus said:
kungfusqurrel said:

yes thats true, but back then ps2 was the median. not today.

That totally contradicts your thoughts. Here is why:

If a GT prologue sells less on an 100M userbase than one on a 22M userbase, how does that make things worse for the upcoming game?

sorry could you make the question a little clearer, no offense i just dont understand it.

kungfusqurrel said:

funny, gt5 prologue should 2.2 mil, and gt5 is gonna sell 8 mill, lol, anyone who has a ps3 who loves gt series we can say went out and bought a copy of gt5 prologue, we can estimate that if those same people went out again an easy 2.2 mill is very possible, we can estimate again that maybe another 2.2 million who held back on the game because it was a half game will go out and try gt5, total would be around 4-5 million but 8 million lol, we'll see. anyway at 5-6 million for forza 3 i think is about right, maybe even a little more due to the fact that now there's 30.4 million user base.

http://www.polyphony.co.jp/english/list.html

Go on have a look and I assume that does not include DD. 3.67m shipped for a prologue so doubt 1.5 million are sitting on shelves. I am a big GT however did not purchase GT5: prologue because I refuse to pay for what is esentially a beta. You will be amazed by the amount of GT fans whom have not purchased the £25 beta.

I was stating that what you said was silly . You said how Gran Turismo sales have been huge in the past because the PS2 had a massive install base. This doesn't make sense if you look at the way GT5P has outsold previous prologues on a far smaller install base.

Or whatever, Im getting confused. Basically, Gran Turismo 5 is still gona sell a shitload, enough said.

RPG said:
kungfusqurrel said:

http://www.polyphony.co.jp/english/list.html

Go on have a look and I assume that does not include DD. 3.67m shipped for a prologue so doubt 1.5 million are sitting on shelves. I am a big GT however did not purchase GT5: prologue because I refuse to pay for what is esentially a beta. You will be amazed by the amount of GT fans whom have not purchased the £25 beta.

ok maybe wikipedia is hindering my perception, but shipped and sold has differnt meanings. unlike fanboys i'm willing to re look over things.

Leonidus said:
I was stating that what you said was silly . You said how Gran Turismo sales have been huge in the past because the PS2 had a massive install base. This doesn't make sense if you look at the way GT5P has outsold previous prologues on a far smaller install base.

Or whatever, Im getting confused. Basically, Gran Turismo 5 is still gona sell a shitload, enough said.

yea maybe your right, we'll see. i have to leave to work in a little bit so today your off the hook buddy. i was gonna start an all out arguement war to the death wit cha. lucky you i gotta go,