By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Arc Rise Fantasia - GAF Impressions

I could've sworn there were mecha+beast type summons in this game.

Can anyone confirm this?

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

So this just turn-based Tales basicly?

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

nice impressions, can't wait to play it

Riot Of The Blood said:
So this just turn-based Tales basicly?

Yea, it is good to know that ARF is a good game though.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Soriku said:

My problem with SoA is that it wasn't fast enough. Oh, and the stupid random encounters. This seems to fix those.

I'm surprised battle variety wasn't a complaint.  Towards the end, every boss battle was fought exactly the same way with all the characters doing the exact same thing.

Random encounters were easy to take care of though so they weren't a big deal at all.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
outlawauron said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Soriku said:

It uses an AP system similar to that of Skies of Arcadia. You can assign as many commands as you want with any character as long as you have enough AP. IE I could have L'arc attack 3 times and leave Refia to do nothing. Anyway, you have a few options to work with in battle, you can either: Attack, use magic, reposition yourself, or use items. Magic is limited in that not only does it use AP, but you also only have certain amount of MP per level, similar to that of the original Final Fantasy. 

Wow... it's like they smushed SoA with a FF for the battle system.  The AP/MP stuff is straight out of SoA.

Don't most borrow from that nowadays?

Not from SoA...

My problem with SoA is that it wasn't fast enough. Oh, and the stupid random encounters. This seems to fix those.

I was talking moreso from Final Fantasy.

@ Riot

Seems so.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Seems like a decent JRPG so far. Nothing special but something worth renting.

Soriku said:

@WoW

Hmm...well I don't remember that being a problem too much. The random encounters were easy, it's just they happened way too often.

Did you play the Dreamcast version by chance?  

I heard that was a problem with the original DC version that was corrected in the GC one.

Soriku said:
Oh...no. I played the GC one.

You must just have a low tolerance for them then.

If somebody is interested you can look for a walkthough in youtube, only search ARF walkthough,