By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So Link is right handed in the next Zelda?

Judging by the concept art released it looks like Link will be right handed in the next Wii Zelda.

Makes sense I guess since most people hold the Wii Remote in their right hands, but I know purists will hate it, unless they make a Gamecube version (jk) :p

Around the Network

They should make a gc version. It'll outsell the wii by millions!

OT: Most likely. Just like the wii version of TP

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Maybe the 'new direction' for zelda is being right handed.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

maybe nintedno should put in an option to simply change what hand link uses. and without fliping around the whole game world.

it'll feel better for most that way, but ds link should stay left handed

Around the Network

rawr, i was pissed about the motorcycle part in MadWorld but this is to toal BS

based on the concept that most people uses the right hand for the remote I think we'll see Link holding the sword (or whatever) with the right..

I love zelda games but I'll dont get pìssed with that change

vess13 said:
rawr, i was pissed about the motorcycle part in MadWorld but this is to toal BS

I'm sure that somehow relates to Zelda, but I'm just not seeing it...

OT: Yeah, he probably will be right handed.  His handedness doesn't bug me in the least, personally.  All the Links are different people, so why do they all need to use the same hand?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

maybe an option like 'are you left/right handed?' and then the game makes Link the same handness as you and makes you hold the Wii remote in the selected hand?

Link was originally ambidextrous, constantly switching which hand he held his sword in, so I don't care what hand he swings his sword in.