By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NBA VIDEO GAME THREAD '08

Ok ok,check it.

For the past 2 years the NBA 2K series has been THE basketball game to own. NBA Live, from EA, has fallen off BIG TIME to become some of the WORST BASKETBALL GAMES EVER MADE(anyone who disagree's is a shittard)

Ok. So, apparrantly EA has stepped it up this year and I'm thinking of getting the Live 08.

What is your guys' feelings on this years NBA games??

*Flashing lights* -Kanye West

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Around the Network

They make sports games? I didn't know EA did so many different things.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

I don't know or care much for the hardcore realism of basketball games of late.

Slam 'n Jam was for me the hoops title... 

I am not sure how to answer as I am in the same boat as you, and am looking forward to reviews to determine which to get.

There is NBA 2K8 which looks really cool with the player reactions to good and bad times on the court, mascots, fans, and players all cheering when one player makes a shot looks really cool. More lifelike, less robotic.

There is also NBA Live 08, which from the demo has a lot of cool online options, and the best graphics of any NBA game in my opinion.

Then there is NBA 08 from Sony which is in 1080p at 60fps, but from the demo- it is hard to tell, it really looked very un-detailed,(kind of left me disappointed) Also the game's menu had punk music-which is not basketball appropriate imo. Supposedly this game has really cool options allowing you to control 2 players at once, and some innovative six-axis controls, as well as cool unlockables and online stuff similar to Live 08.

Without the reviews, I am leaning towards NBA2K8 because of how fun and lifelike it looks. they are moving fluidly- doing illegal moves, signature spins, un-necessary flash and celebrations- seems like a winner to me!

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

weezy said:

Ok ok,check it.

For the past 2 years the NBA 2K series has been THE basketball game to own. NBA Live, from EA, has fallen off BIG TIME to become some of the WORST BASKETBALL GAMES EVER MADE(anyone who disagree's is a shittard)

Ok. So, apparrantly EA has stepped it up this year and I'm thinking of getting the Live 08.

What is your guys' feelings on this years NBA games??

*Flashing lights* -Kanye West

I thought the 2K series was the premier basketball game for the past eight years?

Debating with fanboys, its not
all that dissimilar to banging ones
head against a wall 
Around the Network

Yea I would would go with 2K8 man. Its proven to be the better basketball sim year by year. Live is fun too but to unrealistic for me. But if you like basketball games as much as me you would buy both.

I want to get a Basket Ball game for my Wii. I love the Pistons... So much.

I am Daemon. I am the Word.

The problem is that with these ultimate graphics near realism(nba live 08, and 2k8) the games dont play as good as they did before, the framerate drops to the 30fps range(when its uspposed to be 60fps). NBA 08 is my favorite demo thus far, with not so great graphics, but the best gameplay out of all of them.

mM
homelesscarl said:
I want to get a Basket Ball game for my Wii. I love the Pistons... So much.

Smart man lol. Im a pistons fan too. I wonder how basketball would be on wii though.

I'd go with NBA Live 08. Last one I bought was 05 since I only buy basketball games if the Pistons win the Championship and if they get a good center they will this year.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089