By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Understanding the Wii vitality sensor.

tuoyo said:
Problem is the device takes the nunchuck slot. Unless the device comes with an adaptar so two Wii attachments can be connected at the same time I don't see this being used with any core games other than rail shooters and I think we have already had enough of those.

That was also my concern. Maybe they could even bundle the adapter into the Wii Vitality-sensor? Like... the whole idea would crash and burn without it.

"How hard would it be to randomize facial features and skin tones? That's what we want, to feel like we're killing hundreds of different people. Not a bunch of clones or twins. We want to know, deep down, that there are hundreds of grieving mothers out there, lamenting the terror of our dreaded blade."

Cracked.com ( http://www.cracked.com/article_16196_p4.html ), saying the Hardcore gamers' dark truth. And it's Hell True.

Around the Network
tuoyo said:
Problem is the device takes the nunchuck slot. Unless the device comes with an adaptar so two Wii attachments can be connected at the same time I don't see this being used with any core games other than rail shooters and I think we have already had enough of those.

This exactly. Also, the sensor is too large, so even if you could use it in conjunction with the Nunchuck, it would be hindering using it. Finally it has to be really lightweight, otherwise it would probably get uncomfortable. I hope what was shown wasn't the final form of the VS and they have some clever ideas to make it useful for all types of games.

Jaos said:
tuoyo said:

This exactly. Also, the sensor is too large, so even if you could use it in conjunction with the Nunchuck, it would be hindering using it. Finally it has to be really lightweight, otherwise it would probably get uncomfortable. I hope what was shown wasn't the final form of the VS and they have some clever ideas to make it useful for all types of games.

After rreading the amazing Iwata speaks about the development of Motion+ I am sure there are changes down the road for the vitality sensor as well. I am wondering about the nunchuck slot as well, but hopefully nintendo will blow minds again. Relases it with a wireless nunchuck maybe? Make the vitality sensor itself wireless? Both? I am sure that if they thought to put the motion+ in a preassure cooker, they have already explored these possibilities.

Maybe this hs some kind of relation to the new Sakurai project.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

good read. But I need to see more about this.

Go buy Metroid OTHER M!

Wii code: 6775-1034-2238-1634

PSN: birdie93      XBL: luthor93

3DS: 3909-7597-9889

You can add me, I won't stop you!

My website: www.fight4custom.com

Around the Network
Arius Dion said:
Maybe this hs some kind of relation to the new Sakurai project.

That would be pretty damn cool but Project Sora's title I'm fairly sure is aimed at a 2011 release which is quite a while away.. Could still support it of course.

Nintendo will have a game for it that every casual gamer will buy. For hardcore? Not really.

Soriku said:
O_o

This can be used really well. But if they add a nunchuk you wouldn't be able to play with it and also stick your finger in it. So I think it should be allowed to be placed elsewhere.

Well if they made it wide enough, they could have you stick it on the big finger.

I wonder what their solution will be for the ladies though.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

What does it do? nobody will answer that question for me

Well, this certainly holds potential, I guess we'll have to wait for nintendo to divulge more details and lead the way for 3rd party developers.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046