By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dewey's Adventure.

twesterm said:
It's fun. It's definitely not the greatest game ever and it does have its flaws but it's fun. I'm about half way through (haven't had time to play much of anything the past few days) and I'm glad I bought though I'm a little disappointed it's not as good as I had hoped. If I had to rate it right now I would probably give it somewhere between a 7.5-8, probably closer to an 8.

Hah? And you don't consider that good, an 8 is meant in the land of reviews to be 'great'! 79% is my score and you know how much I like it, but over the 80% is a bit over the top. It's a very good game just balancing on the edge of being great. And isn't it Dewy's Adventure, as original? Or did the Americans find it so funny again to change it even a 'bit' :P That's what you're hoping isn't Legend. How funny it is to see another 3rd party game fail on the WII :P J/K

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Around the Network
*~Onna76~* said:
That's what you're hoping isn't Legend. How funny it is to see another 3rd party game fail on the WII :P J/K

It's not hope, just a guess based on demand (or seemingly lack of it, I don' think it even cracked the top 100 list at Amazon, I know people say you can't trust Amazon as a sales indicator but not making the list at all definitely says something), poor reviews (65% at Gamerankings), and very little advertising (something that Boogie at least had).  I'm expecting below 20,000 in sales in it's first week, somewhere in the 12,000-16,000 range.

*~Onna76~* said:
twesterm said:
It's fun. It's definitely not the greatest game ever and it does have its flaws but it's fun. I'm about half way through (haven't had time to play much of anything the past few days) and I'm glad I bought though I'm a little disappointed it's not as good as I had hoped. If I had to rate it right now I would probably give it somewhere between a 7.5-8, probably closer to an 8.

Hah? And you don't consider that good, an 8 is meant in the land of reviews to be 'great'! 79% is my score and you know how much I like it, but over the 80% is a bit over the top. It's a very good game just balancing on the edge of being great. And isn't it Dewy's Adventure, as original? Or did the Americans find it so funny again to change it even a 'bit' :P That's what you're hoping isn't Legend. How funny it is to see another 3rd party game fail on the WII :P J/K

I'm not quite sure what you're getting at.
  1. I like the game, I didn't say anywhere that I didn't.
  2. My score range for the moment is somewhere between 7.5-8 meaning that it's not quite an eight but close to it.
  3. By probably closer to an 8 I meant probably a 7.8 or 7.9.
  4. There are things I don't like about the game but that doesn't mean I hate it. There can be things I absolutely hate about a game but I can still love it (Bioshock for example).
  5. I'm disappointed because I did expect more from this game meaning I was hoping it would be closer to a 9, once again, doesn't mean I don't like the game.
  6. You're right, an 8 is a good score and does mean a good game, that's why Dewey is going to get pretty close to that (and yes, it's Dewey in America).
And I really don't think the game is going to bomb, or at least bomb at Boogie level.  This game actually did have some advertising (even in game advertising) and I think it will do decently.

Legend's right, and I think he may be being even a little liberal with the sales. Konami needs to step up at least their advertising game if they want to sell any games on the Wii.

I like the originality of Dewy but it's not getting great reviews. Probably wait until the price drops to pick it up.

Around the Network
choirsoftheeye said:
Legend's right, and I think he may be being even a little liberal with the sales. Konami needs to step up at least their advertising game if they want to sell any games on the Wii.

I originally had between 5,000 - 12,000 and then changed it but I think you're right.

the problem with dewys is its very short

today at work..someone bought deweys adventure.... i couldnt stop laughing @ dewey's cover... he looks so cute !!! :)

Legend11 said:
choirsoftheeye said:

I originally had between 5,000 - 12,000 and then changed it but I think you're right.

As I stated earlier, imagine if this game was given even half of the TV ads Gears of War had, just of a completely different type of ad.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs