By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The OFFICIAL Feb 2007 NPD Thread

What a lot of fanboys there are here (from all the systems). There is still too early to make any conclusive judgement as is X360 age or Sony is doomed. But you can't deny the fact that even the analysts are surprised by the low numbers of PS3 sold during February. Sony can catch up, that's clear. And, even that during February they didn't close the gap (it got bigger worldwide), they have a lot of resources to compensate on that (and they lack a major territory to release in). But my previous point as if can Sony close the gap to X360 in NA? Remains intact in my opinion. I can't see in the short term (2007) Sony closing the gap with MS in NA, period. And as time goes by MS is gaining more and more momentum against Sony so it's gonna be more difficult for them to catch up. On the other hand... impressive Nintendo numbers. It seems we're forgetting who the real leader is. An "old gen kiddie console" is smashing all the consoles, even without games! Congratulations Nintendo, here we go. You have succeed in reaching new markets and opening the casuals to your console. I would be a little worried if I were MS, the casual gamers are the key of the battle.

Around the Network

TalonMan said: Diomedes1976 said: ....and the Wii has included all the Wiisports bundled so we could argue the PS3 ratio is way better .Even Wii play casts some shadow as it is a game-pad combo . Why - do you know for a fact that NPD calculates a bundled game into their tie ratios? I could understand Wii Play because it's a separate purchase, but why do you assume that NPD would include Wii Sports? I have yet to even see them report that game in their software sales charts. Me thinks you're making a bad assumption...
I am not talking about NPD .I am talking about the data in this page .It shows the Wii software sales taking in count Wiisports .I suppose this will be the most sold game of all time finally if they continue with this kind of account ....

Diomedes1976 said: I have one BIG doubt FOr the PS3 numbers the NA aggregate of vgcharts is made of simply adding the US and Canada data given by NPD .Allright . But what happens with the X360 and Wii data .....it is WAY HIGHER than adding the data from those two sources ?For example the X360 sold 228K in US and 12K in Canada for a total of 240K....whre does vgcharts come with the extra 20K sales ??
I would like to have this answered .

Diomedes1976 said: The PS2 sales are incredibly high and will probably surpass the Wii next month. And the PSP, wich was gaining some momentum, has dipped again to 176K.
I believe PS2 is selling so well because of GOW2 - no chance to surpass wii in march. Anyway great numbers. PSP slow-down. Some solid titles notwithstanding. This must be revange of Nintendo for "closing the gap" statement of sony notables but - 45k a week doesn't sound poor at all. This was very difficult month - it shows how big titles (halo beta) can drive sales numbers up. I think this is the key - no big games, no big gains. Simply. This is a very beginning. Sony will be back.

this site is terrible right now... there are so many deluded fanboys for every system that it just makes it a joke to see some people's points of view. I skip 50% of posts because they are full of deluded non-senseful rubbish.. I was originally gonna point out names but it's just not worth it... Those who think the PS3 is in a good position are deluded - but will it make them drop out of the console war or 'lose' no F'N way... ur a deluded xbox or nintendo fanboy if you think Sony are going anywhere. 360 i OKAY, it's had a years lead by itself, it's doing 'decent' numbers but for second year, it's pretty terrible. People who think PS3 will do better in march because of Motorstorm are deluded... what else is there? FEAR? Oblivion? Give me a break. March will be much the same as this month. I expect sales to drop for all consoles over march or they will stay similarly the same. Anyone who tries to say Nintendo isn't owning the entire market handheld and home console is again deluded.. WTF are you thinking. How can you be sane to justify you're arguments in you're own head. 485,000 DS in FEBRUARY IS INCREDIBLE!!!! THAT IS SERIOUSLY STAGGERING!!!! 330,000 Wii is amazing also. Give you're opinions and 'fanboy'ism' a break and look at things from an outsiders perspective - you're opinion isn't always right... fanboy's think that many other people think the way they do and honestly fanboys are a minority to the market. I think the real winner this month, even though it didn't sell the most consoles is the Xbox360, the number of games in the top 15 and the hardware number sold is fantastic for that brand. I don't think it has mainstream appeal but the 360 is really stealing the hardcore gamers every month. PS3 is just rubbish right now... there is NO viable reason for someone to spend that much money. Kwaad - this comment is towards you, i don't care if you take it on board or not but you are so deluded (look at how many people on this website consider you a blind Sony fanboy) that you really need to take a step back and Analise your opinion... just take a step back and try and understand how you sound. You sound retarded and blind and I know you don't like washmisul's approach and his attempts at trolling but you really are only 1 step behind him. I almot don't care about reading here anymore because people don't listen to the fact and the information as they are, they try and justify things towards what they like and what they think. An extra example before i've had enough of typing and want to go to bed - i dunno if it's here but people trying to justify that the PS2 sales are people who have a PS2 that is faulty and are buying a new one are deluded.. that is RUBBISH that console has huge value propasition to customers at the moment. A HHUUUUGGGEEE range of cheap games, a cheap console, so many people don't care about this 'next gen' crap, the PS2 is selling to casual and 'i don't care i just want to play some fun games' gamers and casuals... it's because it's cheap and you have SOOOOO many AWESOME games to choose from on PS2. And honestly, there is nothing on PS3 worth plonking the cash down for right now, I also think the same way about Wii. 360 is the best console to spend money on now, there are so many AWESOME current good games to buy for that it's not funny. And again at Kwaad... why do you hate the 360 so much?? It sounds so much like that console would suit you so well *end rant*

Around the Network

Diomedes1976 said: Diomedes1976 said: I have one BIG doubt FOr the PS3 numbers the NA aggregate of vgcharts is made of simply adding the US and Canada data given by NPD .Allright . But what happens with the X360 and Wii data .....it is WAY HIGHER than adding the data from those two sources ?For example the X360 sold 228K in US and 12K in Canada for a total of 240K....whre does vgcharts come with the extra 20K sales ?? I would like to have this answered .
Mexico - It used to be that Mexican would get there consoles from the states, so they where not counted in the totals (The logic was that all consoles owned by Mexicans where brought over the border). But the 360 was officially launched February 2nd 2006, it's availaible at Blockbuster, Walmart, Sam's Club, Game Planet and whatever retailer carries consoles. With a population of 108 million or so, it makes them a pretty big market. (Yes, the average income is alot lower, but there's still alot who can afford the 360 in Mexico)

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

kber81 said: Diomedes1976 said: The PS2 sales are incredibly high and will probably surpass the Wii next month. And the PSP, wich was gaining some momentum, has dipped again to 176K. I believe PS2 is selling so well because of GOW2 - no chance to surpass wii in march.
Hmm, well GOW2 launches in March, so that doesn't really explain the Feb sales and there is a very real possibility PS2 sales could increase in March. PS2 is simply a phenomenon - its crazy how well it is doing after all these years. But what I still don't get is how little hardware MS actually manages to sell. I mean, they are dominating the software charts and still being outsold handily in the hardware department by several systems. They never seem to get bumps to their hardware sales even when they have smash hit games come out. Attach Rates for the 360 have to be completely insane at this point.

Arsenal said: kber81 said: Diomedes1976 said: The PS2 sales are incredibly high and will probably surpass the Wii next month. And the PSP, wich was gaining some momentum, has dipped again to 176K. I believe PS2 is selling so well because of GOW2 - no chance to surpass wii in march. Hmm, well GOW2 launches in March, so that doesn't really explain the Feb sales and there is a very real possibility PS2 sales could increase in March. PS2 is simply a phenomenon - its crazy how well it is doing after all these years. But what I still don't get is how little hardware MS actually manages to sell. I mean, they are dominating the software charts and still being outsold handily in the hardware department by several systems. They never seem to get bumps to their hardware sales even when they have smash hit games come out. Attach Rates for the 360 have to be completely insane at this point.
Well the 360 is for hardcore gamers. And hardcore gamers buy Halo and Gears of War, AND Mass Effect, AND... you know what I mean. It´s Microsofts biggest sucess and their biggest problem that they can just get the hardcore crowd...

Seriously NPD threads without software suck. You don't see the whole picture.

In a race of three someone has to lose, someone has to win and someone will be the middle man but I don't think anyone will fail.