By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The OFFICIAL Feb 2007 NPD Thread

IDK32G said: bunkum said: Nintendo DS 485,149 Wii 335,324 PlayStation 2 295,102 Xbox 360 228,225 PlayStation Portable 175,651 Game Boy Advance 135,887 PlayStation 3 127,321 GameCube 23,844 Xbox 480 Wow, PS3 got OWNED.
it is because of supply issues. My bestbuy montreal had 0 ps3s last month............same goes to futureshop. SONY is accumulating consoles for the Europe ps3 launch. We all know that

Around the Network

TalonMan said: Kwaad said: I think the PS3 announcements will propel PS3 sales way up. Are you serious? The average Joe has no idea what an E3 is, nevermind a GDC. No way will announcements of things that are so far off in the future, influence sales the way you're suggesting. I double-dare you to walk up to somebody that's never visited a forum like this (which is a LARGE group of people, I might add) and ask them if they've heard of 'PSHome' - surely they will look at you with a very inquisitive expression. 127k to 300k is going to require a bit more than Home (which isn't due out until the Fall) and some obscure new IP that may (or may not) be all that great...
Trust me just wait till 23rd march and you wd see things for yourself

washimul - the PS3 is at 90% avaliablity. It dont get much higher than that. PS3 sales are low, even still. Although I expect them to have picked up alot since last month. I expect around 250,000-300,000 for march.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

TalonMan said: wasim said: Trust me just wait till 23rd march and you wd see things for yourself Uhhhh.... ...what's on the 23rd?
European launch...........+ laumch of 13 ps3 games including FEAR, OBLIVION etc. MOTORSTORM has already been sold in huge quantities but consoles are heavily supply constraint at the moment. despite this SONY had 39 % of the market shares last month in terms of revenues. Dont forget that ps3 is 200$ more expensive than x360. plus GOW2 has already reached the 1+ m mark. http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3158048 march is a big month for SONY ............motorstorm madness followed by European sold out launch

Kwaad said: washimul - the PS3 is at 90% avaliablity. It dont get much higher than that. PS3 sales are low, even still. Although I expect them to have picked up alot since last month. I expect around 250,000-300,000 for march.
they are available at many stores..........thta doesnt mean 90% ps3s are unsold. In CANADA ps3s are sold out all over. 300k looks like a possibility.............plus European launch +MOTORSTORM, OBLIVION, FEAR due this month. the game drought is over and ps3 would pick up. SONY still had 39% of total revenues in FEB. MARCH sees that around 60%

Around the Network

Bunkum! How about software? We totally need software. Request is the same Okami and okami LTD Also top Wii like Traume Center etc.

I just noticed flaming by nintendo fanboys has started, but no flaming by sony fanboys? Hmmmm.

Is wasim for real? Is he a joke account? The PS3 software drought is over because of Motorstorm, and two games which have been out on 360 forever? I never posted them because I couldn't find the appropriate thread, but just a few weeks ago I was putting lifetime PS3 sales at 22 million in America... If March comes back just as bad as Feb, even that might be unrealistic... 1.2 million through 4 months, including the system launch... And up against two more than formidable competitors, who only appear to be building steam... I mean, what kind of weird videogame landscape is this where the brand spankin' new PlayStation is the #7 hardware of the month??? 7!!! I guess its time to look to Europe...

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Erik Aston said: Is wasim for real? Is he a joke account? The PS3 software drought is over because of Motorstorm, and two games which have been out on 360 forever? I never posted them because I couldn't find the appropriate thread, but just a few weeks ago I was putting lifetime PS3 sales at 22 million in America... If March comes back just as bad as Feb, even that might be unrealistic... 1.2 million through 4 months, including the system launch... And up against two more than formidable competitors, who only appear to be building steam... I mean, what kind of weird videogame landscape is this where the brand spankin' new PlayStation is the #7 hardware of the month??? 7!!! I guess its time to look to Europe...
cost.

I've said this before and i've said this again... people who think that Motorstorm is a system seller just don't understand the market and what it is that drives sales. Motorstorm is CRAZY niche and next gen graphics ARE NOT ENOUGH to make this game sell as high as you think. Look at VF5. I don't care what anyone says about it being late in the month the highest number of sales for a game comes in it's first 4 days... it is only going to go down from here (per week) so we might see 80k for that game next month IF THAT, most probably it will be 40k or less. FEAR and Oblivion are 100% not going to drive hardware sales... why would someone have waited for the PS3 to come out to buy these games that have been around for f'n ages already?? I think not... There are a lot of people that are deluded to the fact that the PS3 just isn't doing well at the moment. Saying that it's not selling games because it doesn't have games available... that's the same argument I hear about Wii Fanboy's talking about, but that's still selling like hotcakes. Don't set yourself up for disappointment by thinking the PS3 will go up to 300k for march... it's extremely unlikely... there isn't any reason that it would go that high. You think the announcement of Home and Little Big Planet are going to cause people to go out and plonk down the money on the console NOW? Before those things that make them want that becomes available? You gotta be joking. I'm not a fanboy of any console and i'm not biased towards anything, I just like watching and following the sales trends and trying to predict and understand where it's going... perhaps even MORE than actually playing games these days but to try and spin this positively for Sony just doesn't work... I'm completely shocked by how low the numbers are - from ANY angle... you can't take this positively they are TERRIBLE numbers.