By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 maxed out, PlayStation3 isn't.

Carl2291 said:
All you guys in this thread are forgetting about Mass Effect 2.

When I first saw the trailer, my eyes started screaming, either from the graphics, or the fact that shepard is indeed back. Mostly both.

On topic though.. I thought this was already known? It doesn't mean xbox games will look bad at any means.. Limiting the graphical capability also helps the developers, I'd think, since development costs keep rising and rising. Putting the level at this already impressive point in graphical design.. Surely makes sure the competition has an even playing field, and that the dev costs are lower.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network

lol, I still remember when they compared Uncharted with Gears of War 2. GeoW 2 got owned big time.

Awake me when a X360 game surpass the first Uncharted.

haxxiy said:
lol, I still remember when they compared Uncharted with Gears of War 2. GeoW 2 got owned big time.

Actually Gears of War 1 & 2 beat uncharted in everything but animations.

haxxiy said:
lol, I still remember when they compared Uncharted with Gears of War 2. Uncharted got owned big time.

Awake me when I stop being a sony fanboy.

That is the biggest joke of the day, well done!!!

P.S, ^Edited for you^

haxxiy said:

Well they both have their own style, right?

Not saying GeOW looks better though.  It's no slouch , on the other hand.

EDIT: quoted by 3 people, you must have hit a nerve!

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network
MikeB said:
nightsurge said:
MikeB said:

@ nightsurge

I was banned by VGChartz member Ausfalcon (a MorphOS advocate) at AmigaWorld, the guy who stalked me onto this forum. I confronted him with this fact there, hence the ban and deletion of my post.

As I told him, I view him as being far more malicious than some random XBox 360 fan like you.

No, I saw the reasons for your ban.  Don't try to make yourself off as the victim.  No one buys that after everything you pull.

His given reason was that I wasn't allowed to reply to his post of allegations to which he said I couldn't reply in public (IMO moderator abuse an an excuse to do what he did).

1) I pointed out his behaviour here at VGChartz (I think this is the primary reason for the ban)

2) I debunked one of his points, claiming companies like Dreamworks and Paramount had a clear preference for HD DVD. Pointing out Dreamworks was paid 100 million USD and Paramount 50 million USD for timed exclusivity.

3) I pointed out that his allegation of me selling PS3s being false. In no way have I ever sold a PS3 and most likely never will. (This is really something he shouldn't have deleted, I think I have full right to counter such false claims). But it's a strange point still as he never attacked nor criticized a Pegasos dealer posting very often in extreme support of the Pegasos/MorphOS (and attacking the AmigaOne and AmigaOS4 developers) at AmigaWorld (a friend of him, a fellow New Yorker).

Nothing more an nothing less was stated in the posting for which I was banned by him.

Can I ask why all your "funcomputing.nl", "funcomputing.eu", etc. point to the Sony PlayStation page?  That sure seems like you're advertising, AKA trying to sell PS3s....

And of course, he must be one of your arch rivals from the MorphOS!  Blast them!

Ehhh did you see who said the thing about the 360 being maxed out ? It wasn't a developer...

Truth does not fear investigation

FKNetwork said:
MikeB said:

The additional gains which can be achieved are much larger on the PS3 compared to the on the XBox 360 regarding to the currently available technically most impressive games.

IMO with regard to the top segment the PS3 is already well ahead of what the 360 provides.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is IMO one of such games and if you looked at Uncharted 2 gameplay, I think it's obvious there are amazing gains to be achieved with proper dedication. Similar grand technical gains may well be achieved with a Killzone 3 in the future, for example.

Regarding 3rd party multi-platform games there are other issues involved. You won't see a game which has twice the amount of onscreen activity than compared to another supported console which can't handle this. This also because it would result into design issues for the porting process. Such games are also less likely to take full advantage of distinguishing features such as the extra storage provided by Blu-Ray disc, potentially resulting in better (lossless 7.1) audio and better quality or more varierty textures. One obvious example would be sixaxis motion control, multi-platform developers can't fully rely on this as it's not available on the 360 (a potential major stumbling block for multi-platform PS3/360 game design).

Other important distinguishing factors are a default harddrive to rely on or the 8 processor PS3 Cell chip.

Everything which can be achieved on the XBox 360 in high definition can potentially from a hardware specifications perspective be achieved on the PS3 as well, albeit this may require additional development and different implementation. For example taking better advantage of the Cell processor, letting the RSX use XDR or harddrive caching. Most modern games are as good as identical, but for a few titles even this may not be realized in full for a varierty of reasons.

LMAO, everyone can ignore MikeB, he has proven himself MANY times that he is one of the biggest PS3 fans on the site, see my signature for details.....

I still want to see AmigaOS4 on the PS3 in the future (preferably taking good advantage of the hardware such as the Cell's SPUs), but rather for user reasons. It's much faster, multi-functional, cheaper and wider available than currently supported AmigaOS4 hardware.

I want to see AmigaOS4 support on all PS3s, not a MikeB (TM) exclusive PS3.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Maybe they have...

If you have crappy design teams that don't liek to think, and want to pump out what's easy...then maybe.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

haxxiy said:

"They" ? Who "they" ?

I own both games and Gears 2 looks better.

What a f*cking joke...

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.