By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - E3 got me thinking it might be time to add a 360 to the setup

I watched the MS E3 conference on Monday, and it got me wanting to add a 360 to the setup. I'd toyed with the idea of getting a 360 before, but eventually talked myself into just doing a PC upgrade. I've come to realize that while I enjoy the good games that the Wii has, I do miss the days of vegging out in a beanbag chair, blowing off the world for an entire Saturday afternoon.

What really grabbed my attention was Splinter Cell and Assasins Creed 2. Sure, they're probably gonna hit the PC too, but I'm getting tired of being in front of a computer so often. I'd been pulled towards getting a 360 in the past, and the pull is back, but not because of any motion sensing BS shown this week. If I want motion controlled games, I have my Wii for that. I want a couch potato system, something I can veg out with, get cramped thumbs and the bloodshot eyes, like the good old days. I guess its the core gamer that's always been there, and he wants more gaming time.

It'll be a bit yet, as funds are directed to other locations, namely investing into my dev team's FPS game, but I think before the year is out, I might have a 360 hanging out next to my Wii.

The downside is, that's going to nag me to get a HDTV too. Why is this hobby so damn expensive??

Around the Network

well with a official VGA cable you can hook it to a pc monitor unless you have a pc monitor that has hdmi

Well, there is a bit of speculation on the site, that Microsoft might be doing a harddrive upgrade for the 360 SKUs by holiday time, so I would recommend waiting a bit for now at least.

get a vizio.

Some hobbies are indeed expensive haha.

Try getting a couple of high end sports cars as a hobby and tell me about expensive :P

Around the Network

@piggychan - cool deal, tho my comp monitor isnt huge either. my huge ol 32 RCA Crt has been with me forever (since approx 92), it's like putting the family pet to sleep

@rainbird - thanks for the heads up, will do that

@Glory - Why would I do that? I can built my own computers, and they last far longer than any pre-builts =)

@JGarrett - Yeah, you win. Besides, I live in apartment. Parking around here is brutal enough just for putting my Mazda 626 someplace as is.

well, welcome ''future green brother'',.

''Halo reach''.. sell 7.m first week ,Believe¡¡¡¡¡¡

bardicverse said:

I watched the MS E3 conference on Monday, and it got me wanting to add a 360 to the setup. I'd toyed with the idea of getting a 360 before, but eventually talked myself into just doing a PC upgrade. I've come to realize that while I enjoy the good games that the Wii has, I do miss the days of vegging out in a beanbag chair, blowing off the world for an entire Saturday afternoon.

What really grabbed my attention was Splinter Cell and Assasins Creed 2. Sure, they're probably gonna hit the PC too, but I'm getting tired of being in front of a computer so often. I'd been pulled towards getting a 360 in the past, and the pull is back, but not because of any motion sensing BS shown this week. If I want motion controlled games, I have my Wii for that. I want a couch potato system, something I can veg out with, get cramped thumbs and the bloodshot eyes, like the good old days. I guess its the core gamer that's always been there, and he wants more gaming time.

It'll be a bit yet, as funds are directed to other locations, namely investing into my dev team's FPS game, but I think before the year is out, I might have a 360 hanging out next to my Wii.

The downside is, that's going to nag me to get a HDTV too. Why is this hobby so damn expensive??

"Sure, they're probably gonna hit the PC too, but I'm getting tired of being in front of a computer so often"  This is exactly why I sometimes go console gaming over PC...my home office setup is nice an all, but it's far more comfortable lounging on the couch play on the 42", over my 20" monitor...sure, I could get a bigger monitor, but who wants some clunky 30" screen on my desktop...not me.  The change of pace from keyboard/mouse is sometimes nice as well...although, I think keyboard/mouse is superior for FPS...sorry, I'm a PC snob...but L4D on the PC RULEZ!!!!!!

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Get it soon and check out the guides in my sig :) Plenty of Saturday afternoons await you.

Wait till the holidays to get an HDTV, they'll be a lot cheaper.