By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I was good at Wii Fit but EA Active is rough.

Like the title says.  I've had good results with Wii Fit and changing my diet in the last year.  Do mainly cardio, and the yoga.  My sister got me EA Active for my birthday and it's awesome.  I love how it goes in depth on your diet, as well as your daily routine and sleep patterns.  But the actual 30 day challenge is a rough thing.  You go thru say 18 exercises in 20 minutes or so, rapidly switching, and it can seriously work you if you pick the harder exercise schedule.  It's shown me I've lost wieght, but not necessarily gotten into better shape. 

I'm gonna stick with it obviously, but it is rough on me.  It's my favorite new wii game in a little bit.

Anyone else finding this with the transition from one to the other?

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

Around the Network

I haven't gotten it yet. I'm considering it as I really need something to spark my exercising. Wii fit got me started back on the health trend and the weighing myself really helped. I used it for a while and lost 10lb, but then got tired of all the waits between exercises and haven't lost any weight since.

I need to check this out. It is either this or Wii Fit Plus. Or I could just force myself to the free gym in my apartment, but spending money seems to be good incentive to get your money's worth

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

i would snag this over wii fit

it works you all over, and it is intense (you can change intensity tho)

the whole doing different exercises mixed up with intense cardio all in 20 minutes, really feel the pain, lol

im about to go do it, i'll come back and post about it here, as it still is showing me new exercises every time. back in 20

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

I've used both at a friend's that owns a Balance Board, and yes, there's no comparison especially when it comes to cardio. EA's title had me really sweating in no time. I think I tried the middle level exercises, it was a little over 20 minutes involving a few exercises with the rubber band.
It was more like a real gym session, all in all, though the running was too short as a warm-up.

"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure." - Mark Twain

"..." - Gordon Freeman

quick question. I just looked on Amazon and they have a "multiplayer pack". Does EA Sports Active actually support 2 people exercising at the same time? If so I'm probably going to pick this up as that would be great working out with my wife.

EDIT: well, if I read amazon's main game description I would know better. However, in my defense press.ea.com doesn't have a good description of the game

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy

Around the Network

Gee guys, just go for a half an hour jog every night. Really makes me feel batter and gets my heart working well.

Xen said:
Gee guys, just go for a half an hour jog every night. Really makes me feel batter and gets my heart working well.

I could say gee xen, go to they gym. I like working out, but hate working out at the gym at the apartment. I used to work out all the time on my own private setup, but I now live on my own rather than with my parents. Some people like jogging, other like exercising at home. To each their own so long as they stay active. I have a bike set up in my family room that I use, but I have gotten out of the habit with that. It was great for the winter since we get so much snow and it isn't safe to jog in the winter. Also, I hate jogging

I'm just saying that it's more healthy and effective, that's all. Sorry if I offended you.

edit: Jogging is my favorite type of exercise, along with football.

same here

mother is pro at Wii Fit, getting 354% at joking that island and she wanted to put extreme exercise setting on EA sports active and she has found it hard!

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Xen said:

I'm just saying that it's more healthy and effective, that's all. Sorry if I offended you.

edit: Jogging is my favorite type of exercise, along with football.

I'm not offended, just saying there is nothing wrong with different kinds of exercise. Also, I'd argue that jogging is a realitively poor form of exercise compared to other things out there. I would argue that biking is a lot better as you can burn the same amount of calories for the effort, and it is lower impact on the knees which is better for you overall.