By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Can't do anything on live since Halo 3 launch. The servers are PACKED!

i'm signed in and friend stuff is everywhere like one of my friends is playing. Can't even download anything on my Gold account. I didn't know why until I booted up Halo 3 and it said the servers were all full. So i played campaign for a bit.

Have you been online with it yet? What am I missing :P 

friend code Wii: 1974 0901 4063 4699

360 Live SN: Myahon

PSN: Myahon

Around the Network

Probably multiplayer.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Live hasnt crashed yet like it did during the Halo 2 launch?

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

1,050,000 Unique Players in last Day seems pretty incredible, and that number is sure to rise.

Sales might be as high as 2 Million on opening day.

EDIT: Now more then 1,120,000 Unique Players having played Halo 3 in last 24 Hours.....2 Million looks like a definite just about.

Vote for Ron Paul 2008

Only Anti-War and Anti-Taxes Republican

Freedom is a message everyone can embrace!

Multiplayer is amazing, think halo 2 mult fun times 2

seriously, already playing unique maps, playing maps people created, heck we played a zombie game, where we had the zombies have speed of 200% with only swords, and a few guys held out on the elephant in the dunes lvl, manning the turrents and trying to repel them, alot of fun. That and slayer just plan rules, so much better looking, and just runs better.

The campaign is good, but mult is where its at

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Around the Network

I have been on Live all day today, playing Halo 3 co-op, downloading the Crash of the Titans demo, downloading the new Bomberman Live pack, playing Halo 3 multiplayer...
Maybe I have Xbox Live PLATINUM, one step above Gold....

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

For some reason when I want to play Rainbow Six Vegas. It asks me to download a update. But then says error cannot download update. I think Microsoft was doing some mainantance, and didn't let the Xbox Live users know, cause that would of messed up the whole Halo 3 2,000,000 user games.

I'm checking it right now, since I'm off from work.

last night, 600,000 people online at once while i played for the first time ever. only 500,000 right now.

well this sucks.

mM

i got kicked off again today. nearly 1 million online and i can't get a single game in. I PAID for Live I EXPECT service.