By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 40GB PS3 just a matter of time?

So if the 60gb is not sold out by the holidays, there will be the 40gb, 60gb, 80gb w/o bundle and 80gb standalone. And soon all new packages are going to appear with Dual Shock adding even more variations. Talk about confusing.

Around the Network

you know we have all been speculating its a new 40 gig, but what if its just a motherboard redesign to save money, still have to go to the fcc for that ( I hate the FCC just as a side note).

remember how many motherboard layouts the ps2 and one went through

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

goddog said:
you know we have all been speculating its a new 40 gig, but what if its just a motherboard redesign to save money, still have to go to the fcc for that ( I hate the FCC just as a side note).

remember how many motherboard layouts the ps2 and one went through

First of all, are you sure that a motherboard redesign requires a reinspection (class 2 blah whatever) and a new model number?

Second, what about the apparently reduced number of ports in the new model? 2 instead of 4 in that diagram. I know it's just a diagram of the testing apparatus, but they probably have to use all available ports if they want fully test the PS3...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

sony has put out motherboard redesigns of the ps2 with less parts even ports see V13....

there was also one version (early unified motherboard) mid life cycle, that is not capable of playing a number of games for the ps2...

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog