By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - LEGEND OF ZELDA PHG REVIEWED!

I already got mine preorderd :D

Around the Network

dang, page 8 to find a zelda thread.

I finally beat the game. Basically just following through the story and still missing 4 hearts.

My impression out of 10,
Stylus use: 10
Gameplay: 10
Game length: 7 (this doesn't include find all nook and canny, just straight forward story)
Graphics: 8 (it grows on you)
Sound: 8
Wifi mode: n/a (hadn't tried)
Puzzle difficulty: 3 (I am used to playing puzzle games, may differ for other)
Number of deaths: 3
- There's 1 room that I got stuck because I ran out of arrows while solving puzzle. Had to suicide.
- 1 death at the boss that I took more time to figure out how to kill
- 1 death at the last boss form. also because I didn't know how to knock the boss out.

Use of items, the boomerang got the most use and it deserve to be.
Shovel, not so much. Most are just obvious use.
Bow/Arrow, some usage but not used enough.
Grapple, clever use, but not enough opportunity.
Hammer, too little, too late.
Bombs, not used as much as I thought it should.
Mouse bombs, useful but not used much neither.

I think the items aren't used as often as they should due to game length. I definitely feel a lot shorter than other zelda games (to me). I can't remember how many dungeons but it certainly not short compared to many games nowaday. I think it felt short because it was a great game and I felt like it wasn't enough :)

Ninja Gaiden is even more appealing now after playing Zelda.

My complaint: Well, aside from the fourth Boss showing that the controls weren't quite perfectly implimented:

The god damn frogs. Oh good, I need to remember 8 different symbols just so I don't waste my time sailing everywhere. How about I tap the frog, and the game lets me teleport there, mmkay? Or not have me try to write a tiny legible Omega on my map so I don't forget that that specific golden frog speaks old greek. Maybe make em a bit harder to find or something, but I've drawn the symbol perfect, and had the game reject it, and drawn it like my normal 4 year old self, and had the game accept it. Maybe make me sail to a frog to visit others. But random symbols? Fuck off.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

I do not think that recent Zelda games made my heart beat as much as LttP and LAw, but some reviews are so ... (looking for a word)
Zelda loses points for being the same old game (bullshit, someone who have played more than Ocarina can tell the differences in all these Zelda games) and loses even more for changing the formula.
Wind Waker was the Zelda that changed a lot of the formula. So, why the FUCK people did not buy it?
I could rate TP 8 and still make GS review look like toilet paper. Reviews must make sense. 8 or 9 for Zelda is ok, but when they rate every generic game 9+ it look all screwed up.

And last, what is wrong with european reviews? Do they rate any non FPS console game 8+? I am looking at you Edge and Eurogamer.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."