By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - E3 2009: Miyamoto Reveals New Zelda for Wii

First details on Link's next big adventure direct from Nintendo at an E3 roundtable discussion.

By 1UP Staff, 06/02/2009

At a recent developer roundtable with Shigeru Miyamoto, the famed director revealed the first details on an as yet unnamed Zelda title scheduled to come to Wii in 2010. The title will definitely use the recently released Wii MotionPlus, and, depending on the popularity of the controller, it may even require the peripheral.

During the discussion, Miyamoto briefly showed an image from the game featuring a mature Link barely visible through a broken wall. Although the picture only showed Link from behind, a short girl in a long robe stood in full view at Link's back. Wearing a crystal necklace and emanating a blue aura, she gave off an otherworldly look -- akin to Zora from Ocarina of Time.

Miyamoto had hoped to show off the game at Nintendo's E3 press conference, but his development team wanted to focus on defining the concept for this Zelda iteration. The team has been experimenting with different gameplay and dungeon designs and they decided that their time would be better spent focusing on the game, rather than a demo.

We'll release more details as soon as we learn more about this exciting new chapter in the Zelda franchise.

E3 2009 -- the game industry's most important convention this year -- is happening all this week! Check out E3.1UP.COM for news, previews, podcasts, videos, blogs, and more direct from the Los Angeles Convention Center.

Around the Network

This is awesome news I've been waiting for a Zelda game made specifically on Wii.

Nintendo wins.

I still don't know why they wouldn't at least make mention of the game during their conference. There is nothing wrong with flashing a CGI trailer about Zelda (they wouldn't even need to involve the Zelda team to make the trailer).

Its nice to to actually hear Miyamoto himself confirm it, its reassuring. Shame they didn't mention it during the actual conference itself but better late than never. I wish we could see what that concept art looked liked.

Around the Network

I want to see some pictures!!!!!

In my last hour I'm slave to power of death!!!

boooo, they could have put together a montage of the more complete sections, or atleast a screen shot or two.

But this is typical Nintendo. Apparently SMG2 is VERY far along, and they just announced it now. They tend to play things very close to the chest.

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X

the day is saved once again by the powder puff girls.

hello how are you.

essentially a dupe
http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=75295

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)