By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Project Natal ALL OVER UK NEWS!

NJ5 said:
Meanwhile, in reality even Sony's motion controller has a better chance of being a success.

If its anything like the video presentation then

"lol."

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network

Im not won over yet with NATAL, mainly because it won't be able to play my favourite genres using it and Im not going to spend £100 on something to navigate the menus with (If I get a 360).

It should give 360 a nice boost in sales, maybe an extra 30-60k a week.

Its filled with cutting edge technology, an it will ofcourse get some fantastic applications and alternative software programs to go with it.
Its not the future of gaming though, I don't see what the big problem is with remote controls.

megaman79 said:
If this is released in August this year i will eat my hat.

If it's released this August, I will eat your hat after you've eaten it.

megaman79 said:
selnor said:
megaman79 said:
The Xbox Man said:
@meaman79

yup

lol easiest bet EVER!

ok your serious. Well how about this, average 360 sales ww 120k so 250k average per week from now on? I mean your betting that the publicity alone can double the sales, even before games are announced?

Nope. I said when it releaes.

And you said August? Ok so we wait 2 months then.

No M$ said Autumn on GMTV. Not me. The bet starts when it's out. Do you think I'm that stupid?

Shadowblind said:
NJ5 said:
Meanwhile, in reality even Sony's motion controller has a better chance of being a success.

"lol."

What do you mean? When I watched Sony's presentation of their motion controller, I was laughing because the presenters were pretty bad.

Then I thought about it afterwards, and I realized the tech allows for everything the Wii Remote + Nunchuk + WM+ combination does, as long as they put an analog stick on their controller and you can wield two of them. Sony can easily get Wii-like functionality from their system, the only question is when it will be available and whether developers will take it seriously.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

You guys are blowing this natal thing waay out of proportion. I saw it and it looked no different from the ancient eyetoy that no one bought. How people suddenly think this would triple 360 sales is beyond me. Maybe I'm missing something....

Same goes for sony's motion ccontrol. Wii is already universally accepted as the place to go for motion controls. How many can the market support? It's like saying avatars sold more 360s. These things are all gimmicks and they came late to the party. I can't wait for these great news journalists to start looking stupid yet again

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Pristine20 said:
You guys are blowing this natal thing waay out of proportion. I saw it and it looked no different from the ancient eyetoy that no one bought. How people suddenly think this would triple 360 sales is beyond me. Maybe I'm missing something....

Same goes for sony's motion ccontrol. Wii is already universally accepted as the place to go for motion controls. How many can the market support? It's like saying avatars sold more 360s. These things are all gimmicks and they came late to the party. I can't wait for these great news journalists to start looking stupid yet again

Eyetoy is not even remotely close. Watch the demos of Natal capabilities. Then tell me Milo is possible on Eyetoy. look again. Eyetoy was nothing to the tech of this.

^Yea man
I hope all these motion things fail. All I want is some first class games, and Dualshock 3 or 360 remote and a big ass HDTV.

If I want motion games, I'l go and play sport

NJ5 said:
Shadowblind said:
NJ5 said:

"lol."

What do you mean? When I watched Sony's presentation of their motion controller, I was laughing because the presenters were pretty bad.

Then I thought about it afterwards, and I realized the tech allows for everything the Wii Remote + Nunchuk + WM+ combination does, as long as they put an analog stick on their controller and you can wield two of them. Sony can easily get Wii-like functionality from their system, the only question is when it will be available and whether developers will take it seriously.

I know. I'm "lol"ing at the presentation itself. One of the funniest moments I've ever seen in an E3 XD

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

selnor said:
Pristine20 said:

Eyetoy is not even remotely close. Watch the demos of Natal capabilities. Then tell me Milo is possible on Eyetoy. look again. Eyetoy was nothing to the tech of this.

What will you use Milo's tech for related to gaming though?

Not eveyone wants to talk to virtual characters through a screen, its petty. If they could implement it into gaming (the scanning element) then fantastic, its great tech that is relevant and enhances gaming