By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Thoughts on the GOW 3 demo...(for people who played GOW1/2)

What did you see that was different besides the new attacks and graphics?

Personally the J man felt as though they didnt push it as much as a next-gen game. Maybe its the nature of the genre , but the J man saw no difference in animation or gameplay compared to God of war 2 and the J man could only tell the difference between GOW2 and 3 by the graphics(which were not what I was expecting but they were great none the less).

Gotta love the gut exposure though , its like they've taken GOW gore to a new level of awesome.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Around the Network

No one saw the demo?

No, but GoW is t3h suxor anyways so. :D

Are you kidding me? The graphics are a big jump. Look at what is going on in the background, that was pretty good. Also, that was the beginning of the game, the big change to GOW 3 will be when he is riding Titans and the whole stage is constantly moving. Also, if you are not amazed by the graphics (IDK how), the game ships in March, plenty of time for polish. Also, IDK about u, but me as a big GoW fan, all I wanted (and expected) was the same GoW gameplay but in HD graphics and a few tweaks here and there. They have delivered, and I am pleased.

It's pretty but I don't see it being a system seller like LBP, Killzone 2, MGS4... oh wait... yeah it'll be exactly like those...

Around the Network

I haven't played the previous installments much, so I'm not sure what changes they've made beyond the graphics. I would assume the combat and weapons are somewhat different given what I've read in a few interviews.

Honkeytonk Monkey said:
It's pretty but I don't see it being a system seller like LBP, Killzone 2, MGS4... oh wait... yeah it'll be exactly like those...

Only way im shelling out 150 bucks to fix my ps3 is if they get something thats worth 150 bucks individually, uncharted 2 is probably along with mgs4 the only reason i would fix it so far.

SnakeEyez said:
Are you kidding me? The graphics are a big jump. Look at what is going on in the background, that was pretty good. Also, that was the beginning of the game, the big change to GOW 3 will be when he is riding Titans and the whole stage is constantly moving. Also, if you are not amazed by the graphics (IDK how), the game ships in March, plenty of time for polish.

They deffo have alot of time to polish and I did say the graphics were great but I feel that animations need to be as good in-order for the graphics to shine.

Honkeytonk Monkey said:

Only mgs out of the 3 was a system seller. Are you trying to be sarcastic or serious?

Honkeytonk Monkey said:

The OP is looking to discuss the differences noticeable in the newest iteration of God Of War.

Blatant flamebait is not what we need.