By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 NEEDS new and original exclusives

stickball, didn´t EA say (in their press conference) Mass Effect is for early 2010?..you think they´ll reconsider and move it to this year?

Around the Network
JGarret said:
badgenome, a couple of months ago you were complaining MS wasn´t doing much to differentiate its lineup from the PS3, since we basically had only heard about Halo ODST..now that their press conference has come and gone, do you still think that?...I mean, is the 360´s exclusive lineup for the end of the year good enough for you?

I'm honestly kind of thrown for a loop because of Project Natal. I'm really skeptical of how it will all work out, but I guess I can't complain that Microsoft isn't doing enough to be different. It was simply spectacular. Whether it will be a spectacular success or a spectacular failure, we'll have to see. They definitely get points for being daring!

But as for games this holiday season, the ones I'm most anticipating are still all multiplatform. I guess Microsoft did a good job of filling in some of the holes in their line-up, but I'd agree with your thread about 2010 looking like it will kick the ass of 2009.

txrattlesnake said:

The last Halo sold so many copies because it was only one of two reasons that people bought the system. However, since that time many better games have come to the 360 including the likes of further games in the Gears series, Fallout 3, Bioshock, and Modern Warfare. Superior games reduce the importance of games in an older series that aren't considered to be as good.

Then Halo 3 was advertised as being the final Halo game. Usually when producers cave in to the demands of the fans and give more installments in such cases franchises tend to go into a decline.

Modern Warfare 2 (which isn't exclusive) should easily have better sales on 360 than Halo: ODST as the Call of Duty games are now considered to be better and more popular games than the post Halo 3 Halo games.

Prologue wasn't an expansion. It was a demo. Neither expansions or demos tend to sell as well as original products.

Even Mario went through a few rough years there. And as not being part of any real coherent story he had a much easier time making a comeback than a game in a series that is beginning to veer so far off its already established path which was Master Chief and Cortana.

Bungie said Halo 3 was the end of that story arc for the Master Chief, which it was, not the end of Halo. And if you think the MC is the only big character in the Halo universe then you know nothing of Halo. People have already proved you wrong in the preceding posts so instead of reiterate what they said how about we make a bet? I bet you that Halo 3:ODST well sell more than 3 million by the end of 2009. Are you willing to take that bet? After all your an 'expert' on media trends so you should easily win this bet.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

Mendicate Bias said:
txrattlesnake said:

The last Halo sold so many copies because it was only one of two reasons that people bought the system. However, since that time many better games have come to the 360 including the likes of further games in the Gears series, Fallout 3, Bioshock, and Modern Warfare. Superior games reduce the importance of games in an older series that aren't considered to be as good.

Then Halo 3 was advertised as being the final Halo game. Usually when producers cave in to the demands of the fans and give more installments in such cases franchises tend to go into a decline.

Modern Warfare 2 (which isn't exclusive) should easily have better sales on 360 than Halo: ODST as the Call of Duty games are now considered to be better and more popular games than the post Halo 3 Halo games.

Prologue wasn't an expansion. It was a demo. Neither expansions or demos tend to sell as well as original products.

Even Mario went through a few rough years there. And as not being part of any real coherent story he had a much easier time making a comeback than a game in a series that is beginning to veer so far off its already established path which was Master Chief and Cortana.

Bungie said Halo 3 was the end of that story arc for the Master Chief, which it was, not the end of Halo. And if you think the MC is the only big character in the Halo universe then you know nothing of Halo. People have already proved you wrong in the preceding posts so instead of reiterate what they said how about we make a bet? I bet you that Halo 3:ODST well sell more than 3 million by the end of 2009. Are you willing to take that bet? After all your an 'expert' on media trends so you should easily win this bet.

I would be more willing to bet it won't move 3 million more consoles to people that haven't already bought a Halo game.  Sure, old Halo fans will buy it.  But, if you haven't bought any Halo games before, I don't think anyone will be compelled to do so for ODST or Reach.

txrattlesnake said:
Mendicate Bias said:
txrattlesnake said:

I would be more willing to bet it won't move 3 million more consoles to people that haven't already bought a Halo game. Sure, old Halo fans will buy it. But, if you haven't bought any Halo games before, I don't think anyone will be compelled to do so for ODST or Reach.

Wait I thought you said the Halo brand was dying and that expansions won't sell that well, so why won't you take the bet? There is no single game this generation that can move 3 million consoles except wii sports so thats an ignorant statement. And how do you know Halo: Reach won't sell consoles, do you know anything about the game? Please person that can see into the future tell me all about this game you know so much about.

Around the Network

Well, I know its graphics aren''t in Killzone's league (or Modern Warfare 2) and its gameplay isn't in Gear's league. I will bet you half my vgchartz dollars that Halo 3 won't sell 3 million additional copies following Halo: ODST's release and the end of the year and the other half that Halo: Reach won't sell over 5 million next year.

txrattlesnake said:
Well, I know its graphics aren''t in Killzone's league (or Modern Warfare 2) and its gameplay isn't in Gear's league. I will bet you half my vgchartz dollars that Halo 3 won't sell 3 million additional copies following Halo: ODST's release and the end of the year and the other half that Halo: Reach won't sell over 5 million next year.

You must be a strong dude to move those goalposts around so much.

Wow I'm impressed please tell me does Obama get re-elected in 2012 too? Lol and now your betting me that a 2 year old game wont sell 3 million more copies, arguing with fanboys really is like banging your head against a brick wall.

This is the bet I will make with you, Halo 3 will sell over 11 million, Halo 3:ODST will sell over 3 million by the end of 2009 and Halo: Reach will sell over 5 million in 2010 if it is released by september. Will you take this bet oh fanboy that can see into the future?

badgenome said:
txrattlesnake said:

You must be a strong dude to move those goalposts around so much.

He said he would bet that ODST would 3 million copies this year.  Well, it will probably do that well with people that have already bought Halo 3 since it is an expansion.  But the real test would be if it could move 3 million new copies of itself and Halo 3.  So, if 3 million new copies of Halo 3 are sold following the release of ODST, I would say it has demonstrated selling power.  I've said Halo Reach will only sell half the amount that Halo 3 did i it is a standalone if Reach is an expansion, it shouldn't do any better than ODST.  So, if Reach is a standalone, I bet it won't sell over 5 million in 2010 and if it is an expansion like ODST it won't move 3 million new copies of Halo 3.

txrattlesnake said:

Halo 3 is 2 years old and has already sold almost 10 million copies.  Of course it won't sell 3 million more.  Your just chickening out because you know your wrong.