By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Its CLEARLY a TIE at E3.....first time EVER

Nintendo clearly had the weaker show at E3, but they did better than last year. Sony and Microsoft were tied for sure.

Around the Network
cleaner475 said:
Scruff7 said:
Sony - better games,

Microsoft - better innovation

I completely agree with that.

For the past few years Microsoft have been copying more of what Sony did with the PS2 whereas now they've shown Project Natal which although is cool, I still wouldn't buy it. It shows innovation but I still don't believe its the future.

Natal is the future. It's the most advanced motion sensing out of all three systems. It's full body scanning with voice recognition. For christ sake the thing logs you into Xbox Live just by recognizing your appearance. The thing even recognizes your emotions with the Milo simulation, reading everything including a hand drawing that you feed into the system. People are making jokes about Skynet and machines after they saw Project Natal...thats how ahead of its time it is.

Yep Tie. Great stuff for all systems!!

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

There isn't really any winners or losers(in the traditional sense) as everyone seems to think.

Look at it more like this,
-if you own a 360 and you liked Microsoft's conference and announcements, that's a "win" for microsoft
-if you own a Wii/DS and you liked Nintendo's conference and announcements, that's a "win" for Nintendo
-if you own a ps3/psp and you liked Sony's conference and announcements, that's a "win" for Sony

Each of the 3 consoles had some good stuff to show, so a "win" is really just relative to whether you like what you saw out of your console of choice, they're not all mutually exclusive.

The only teeth strong enough to eat other teeth.

bardicverse said:
The Sony motion wand definitely lowered it against the others. When the crowd is laughing at the presenters failure to use the tech, that's a bad sign

actually it isnt really his failure at all. The tech is spot on to real life. It is just kind of hard to hit a ball that drops randomly from the air if your not very experienced. The entire demo was perfect.

I played tennis in HS for a year. Its rough to serve and serve well. I've seen even the best players screw up and miss the ball completely even after they threw the ball into the air or tried bounce hitting it.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
axumblade said:
ssj12 said:
bardicverse said:
The Sony motion wand definitely lowered it against the others. When the crowd is laughing at the presenters failure to use the tech, that's a bad sign

actually it isnt really his failure at all. The tech is spot on to real life. It is just kind of hard to hit a ball that drops randomly from the air if your not very experienced. The entire demo was perfect.

I played tennis in HS for a year. Its rough to serve and serve well. I've seen even the best players screw up and miss the ball completely even after they threw the ball into the air or tried bounce hitting it.

I think there are probably a few glitches that will be worked on over the next year but I honestly think Sony weren't going to announce this until later but MS revealed theirs so Sony felt obligated to showcase theirs. Otherwise, I think the person wouldn't have been as nervous and there would have been Heavy Rain and Ratchet demos shown.

you have a point.  there's no reason other than lack of space for sony not to have shown those two.  i can understand not having heavy rain if sony is suddenly nervous, but not showing ratchet, a consistent winner (sans deadlocked which was only good), seems out of place.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

Only seen Nintendo and Sony so far. I have MS's on DVR.

Nintendo gives the same predictable delivery - their presenters all over-enunciate. over rehearsed, stale humor and forced laughter, they show too much footage of people playing games, not enough of the games themselves, and far too much time explaining a philosophy we all get now (see the Sony Dildo and MS Natal - they get it). And it was painful watching Iwata talk about a gaming accessory he hopes will put us to sleep. WTF? That said, they mostly delivered the goods in the game department, though I'm not sure SMB Wii suffices as the big holiday release. Metroid.... just wow. So while the show was in need of some pizzaz, the WiiMote+ and WSR will be what gets the most attention outside the gaming community, and the announcements of new Mario, Metroid and Zelda for 2010 will get gamers moist. The software problem is improving, if not totally resolved.

Sony generally gives a better presentation. They have the bigger stage, the crowd seems a bit livelier (its clear the gaming press has largely passed from the Nintendo to Playstation generation). Most of the presenters were more relaxed, ad libbed a bit, had fun at their own expense (the one exception was the guy presenting the motion device - it sounded as if Sony were holding his family hostage). They had a lot of good looking games, and showed a lot of them, probably too much. The presentation just dragged on for too long IMO. As always its a bit painful watching some of the ways they... avoid the truth in their presentations. Avoiding how the GlowStick is a shameless (but understandable) WiiMote knockoff, which is still early in the testing phases. Showing off games like Assassin's Creed 2, not exactly mentioning its a PS3 exclusive, but not complaining if you make that conclsion. Saying FF14 is PS3 exclusive sounded less triumphant than defensive. Glossing over the PSP's software troubles. Hell, the whole PSP presentation made me think of a terminal cancer patient talking about their plans for the future. Sure, it might happen, but...

In the end, Sony tapdanced a decent show (albiet one in need of heavy editing), but I don't know that they convinced anyone that Home was going to take off, that the PSP would turn its software issues around, or that the PS3 would really be able to close the gap on its competitors.

Agreed, but what I didn't like were the announcements with absolutely no gameplay to back them up: Metal Gear Solid Raiden, Rockstar's Agent, Final Fantasy 14..... These games will be big ONE DAY, but right now, I don't want to hear it!

soccerdrew17 said:
axumblade said:
ssj12 said:
bardicverse said:

I think there are probably a few glitches that will be worked on over the next year but I honestly think Sony weren't going to announce this until later but MS revealed theirs so Sony felt obligated to showcase theirs. Otherwise, I think the person wouldn't have been as nervous and there would have been Heavy Rain and Ratchet demos shown.

you have a point.  there's no reason other than lack of space for sony not to have shown those two.  i can understand not having heavy rain if sony is suddenly nervous, but not showing ratchet, a consistent winner (sans deadlocked which was only good), seems out of place.

they weren't shown? they might not have a press event showing but there is a live demo at E3. I don't know our staff's schedule but they should have an impression article up sometime soon if they got a chance to check them out unless there was a private showing.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

heruamon said:
Scruff7 said:
Sony - better games,

Microsoft - better innovation

Sorry, but Sony didn't show me any games to make me buy the system...They got an exclusive on FF online...huh? 

Not a Sony guy. Never owned a Sony system, and hardly played a Sony game, but The Last Guardian demo was gorgeous.