By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy 14 Exclusive PS3!!!

This will win the console wars for Sony in the same way FFXI won them for the Xbox 360...

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

wow I have never seen this many people pissed off with a huge announcement like this. I haven't stopped jizzing for twenty minutes.

perpride said:
wow I have never seen this many people pissed off with a huge announcement like this. I haven't stopped jizzing for twenty minutes.

For many people FF XI was the black sheep of the franchise. Most people forget it even exists. They skip right from X to XII in conversations. It's natural most people were disappointed when hearing this is an MMO. When's the last time you saw someone really squeal over FF XI?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

starcraft said:
This will win the console wars for Sony in the same way FFXI won them for the Xbox 360...

One difference is, XIV won't be old as hell when PS3 gets it, like XI was when 360 got it.

Another difference is, this one will sell in Japan and I bet XI on 360 didn't.

Not saying it'll win the 'console war' though...that's a straw man.

Anyone notice that perpride is the only one genuinely excited about this?

Around the Network
Onyxmeth said:
perpride said:

For many people FF XI was the black sheep of the franchise. Most people forget it even exists. They skip right from X to XII in conversations. It's natural most people were disappointed when hearing this is an MMO. When's the last time you saw someone really squeal over FF XI?

It's one of the more popular MMORPGs out there. More popular than Sony's own online offerings, for that matter.

Onyxmeth said:
perpride said:

This.

Also, the lead up to the title probably got many of us really excited, only to be crushed when "Online" appeared under the title.

Kenology said:
Anyone notice that perpride is the only one genuinely excited about this?

No I dont notice anything like that. As I am excited too.

Rei said:
Onyxmeth said:
perpride said:

It's one of the more popular MMORPGs out there. More popular than Sony's own online offerings, for that matter.

You know what I mean when I say that. Sure it's a cool exclusive for MMO fans and some FF fans, but considering the feelings so many have for FF XI on this forum, it's natural this announcement was met with a great big fart noise.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

online? bleh...