By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo + Team Ninja: New Metroid

Great info famousringo.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network

Look OK. I didn't really care for the purple glob, looking like that guy from Mc Donald's, but-

- all I can say is the more Samus the better. I have wanted a game that would explain her a little more and now I may have it. She has the deepest story than any of of the other
"N" IPs. Good to see them focus on story-telling too.

But I will miss the Prime Trilogy style. Its always good to have a fresh take on a franchise and with Nin' and 'Ja together on this I can't see what will go wrong.

Hopefully we get to play as Zero Suit too cause I know Team Ninja could do great with acrobatics.

Look this video, the guy makes some especulations..!

famousringo said:
An except from this 1up article might allay fears about exploration in the game and answer some questions about the game:

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?pager.offset=0&cId=3174587&p=44

Quick points:

- This game is set between the events of Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion.
- Yoshio Sakamoto was concerned that his team didn't have enough 3D experience to make a 3D Metroid, so he sought out Team Ninja to help bring that 3D experience.
- There will be sequences of intense action and there will be calmer periods of exploration.
- In terms of how linear/non-linear Other M will be, Sakamoto compares it to Fusion.
- Like Fusion, Other M will be more story-driven than most Metroid games.

Wow this made my fiancée's night. Guess I need to play Fusion, huh? It and Return of Samus are the only games in the series I have yet to play.

Khuutra said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
L.C.E.C. said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
Looks like Metroid meets God of War Ninja Gaiden. Yay.

Fixed.

I haven't played enough of Ninja Gaiden to say that, but those finishing moves looked like something straight out of God of War.

They kind of are. Itagaki incorporated finishing moves called Obliteration Techniques into Ninja Gaiden II, which could be used when an enemy had lost a limb - functionally they're much more exciting, but it's easy to see that the inspiration for them was probably God of War.

Yeah... but, OT's were in NG I/Black too, and that came out before GoW... Also, I said that it looks more like Ninja Gaiden because Team Ninja made Ninja Gaiden...

Around the Network
L.C.E.C. said:
Khuutra said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

I haven't played enough of Ninja Gaiden to say that, but those finishing moves looked like something straight out of God of War.

They kind of are. Itagaki incorporated finishing moves called Obliteration Techniques into Ninja Gaiden II, which could be used when an enemy had lost a limb - functionally they're much more exciting, but it's easy to see that the inspiration for them was probably God of War.

Yeah... but, OT's were in NG I/Black too, and that came out before GoW... Also, I said that it looks more like Ninja Gaiden because Team Ninja made Ninja Gaiden...

Come again? I beat the first Xbox Ninja Gaiden on Very Hard, beat the Hurricane Pack, and got through Black on Master Ninja - there weren't any Obliteration techniques. If your enemy lost a limb they just died (usually because the only limb most could lose was the head).

Khuutra said:
L.C.E.C. said:
Khuutra said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

Come again? I beat the first Xbox Ninja Gaiden on Very Hard, beat the Hurricane Pack, and got through Black on Master Ninja - there weren't any Obliteration techniques. If your enemy lost a limb they just died (usually because the only limb most could lose was the head).

Really? I thought OT was when you went to them right before they were dead, and stabbed them in the chest/face/gut... Then again, I haven't beaten Black yet, and I only played the demo of NGII, so it's easy to get confused for me...

L.C.E.C. said:
Khuutra said:
L.C.E.C. said:

Really? I thought OT was when you went to them right before they were dead, and stabbed them in the chest/face/gut... Then again, I haven't beaten Black yet, and I only played the demo of NGII, so it's easy to get confused for me...

Yeah. The way OTs in Ninja Gaiden II work is that when your enemy loses a limb, you can run up to them and press Y - if your hit connects Ryu will do a short combo that usually dismembers the enemy and kills them without fail.